• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country 500: May 21 - 22, 2016

Cool. I will be there at 830am tomorrow at Stripes in Blanco.
Riding a balck,Super Tenere

Guess the consensus is big bikes, so I'll see y'all in Blanco on my GSA.

Guess the consensus is big bikes, so I'll see y'all in Blanco on my GSA.

Leaving Cibilo right now on the GSA for a pavement ride. Luckenbach, Sisterdale, who knows....there are a ton of great roads there.

I have my Hill Country Butler map with me. I'll be at the meeting point Subcomm described - the Stripes mega store south of Blanco on the right hand side of 281 as you go north.

Darn good burger and onion rings at Alamo Cafe
In the runnin for best ever.
Any stragglers out there who need someone to benchrace with just pulled into Sisterdale...waitress is real purty:eek2:

I got an early start today right before sunrise. I wanted to avoid dodging the old men riding bicycles in Spandex around the Blanco area.

:rofl:

Today's weather oscillated between fog, rain and finally clearing skies in the afternoon. The highlight was probably the 15 feet visibility I experienced for most of 337 just west of Vanderpool. It also looks like certain portions of 335 is about to receive a new coat of chip-seal the next few weeks too.

Punched out 500 miles on the Fazer.

Later taters.

Mr-Roboto

Last edited:
I'm setting up camp at the Kerrville-Schreiner Park. If y'all are going anywhere particular for dinner please post it. Thanks!

If y'all need any suggestions, Mamacitas is a good choice :-)

So.... Who's going to start the ride repot thread? I hear there should be some good submarine shots :-P

No group ride reports for me to post but the Mamacitas table in Kerville was slightly wet last night, not so wet that there was any table dancing though. Good meeting you fellows last night, hope your rides went well today.

Thanks for all the support. I refused not to ride no matter what...after all...:clap:

Back