• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

II Medina County 250 Adventure Motorcycle Ride - Saturday, 1/14/17-Castroville, Texas

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
32375909016_e7d0a9069a.jpg

What?
A 250-mile adventure motorcycle ride entirely in Medina County Texas.[/URL]
The ride will start at the Taqueria San Juan in Castroville and end at the Alsatian Steinbach House Park, in Castroville, Medina county, Texas.

This is a self-guided GPS ride, as the ride is self-guided a group will need to keep moving to get in the 250 miles before dark, my group didn’t last year.
Additional Notes: Different legs of the route come close to touching near Quihi, they don't but it will require attention to stay on the proper course.

Of course its all about fun, camaraderie and being safe. Some will focus on completing the route, others will just relax and ride to their cut off time and head home.

My group will leave the Taqueria San Juan about 9a, subject to change.

Logistics
The Alsatian Steinbach House Park or Castroville Park and Ride are options for parking for those that are trailering over. Lodging - The Landmark Inn State Historic Site Bed & Breakfast or Hotel Alsace & Spa. Camping is available at the Castroville Regional Park, 816 Alsace Street, on the Medina River.

Cora's 471 Grill is recommended for anyone interested in a post ride dinner.

If a non-riding companion needs something to do while you are out riding click HERE

A weather date decision will be made at least by the Wednesday before. Edit 1/11/17 - The Ride is on! Rain or Shine.

30955819104_f2d658f6f2_o.jpg

31677991331_c1ce0172ed_o.jpg

Medina County is immediately west of Bexar County in southwest Texas
31649395662_09a3e38b25_o.jpg

What's next?
Adventure Breakfast - Sat 2/18/17 @ 9AM - Backyard Bistro in Pipe Creek & 2 day ride to Menard & back

Last edited:
Re: #2 Medina County 250 Adventure Motorcycle Ride-Saturday, 1/14/17 Castroville

Sander, How much is pavement vs DS?

Re: #2 Medina County 250 Adventure Motorcycle Ride-Saturday, 1/14/17 Castroville

Sander, How much is pavement vs DS?

TimberCat,

I'm guessing 50/50, maybe a little less dirt. The ride up 462, although necessary and pretty, and skews the percentage...

Trying to get in one little additional section of dirt without crossing tracks...

:rider: subscribed

This was mucho fun last year...

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe all the planned roads are D S/Adventure bike (650 etc.) friendly???

correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe all the planned roads are D S/Adventure bike (650 etc.) friendly???

Correct, mostly class 1 roads. The route does go right by White Knuckle Ranch if anyone is up for a double jump...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHGAaDmzMn8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHGAaDmzMn8[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrjbD9pMips"]Dual Sport ride - post Bike Breakfast - 9am Saturday, February 14, 2015 - Castroville - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtNagmP3nIk"]Dual Sport ride - post Bike Breakfast - 9am Saturday, February 14, 2015 - Castroville - YouTube[/ame]

Looking at your videos Sander, is it safe to assume this is big bike Tenere friendly?

Nevermind, just saw your response to Viffer07......

I'm in like Flynn so long as it ain't colder than a well diggers ***** like last weekend.........

Interested...Long way to go, will be watching the weather. Looks like a lot of fun.

Looking forward to this. Remembering last year's. Hope the weather cooperates.

1089bd431c5fc53e4b0d9261a926a2a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I remember that Fire Truck was parked long ways blocking the entire road so I turned around to go back & dropped my XR in front of those firemen :haha: a couple of them helped me pick up the Big Red Pig then moved the truck so we could get by, I think I've dropped my XR on every CR out there :rofl:

I remember that Fire Truck was parked long ways blocking the entire road so I turned around to go back & dropped my XR in front of those firemen :haha: a couple of them helped me pick up the Big Red Pig then moved the truck so we could get by, I think I've dropped my XR on every CR out there :rofl:

i have a DR650 that never misses a chance to lay down, special edition lay down model. DR650 LD

Hope you can get off work this year! The BPR needs to get out of the pen.

I have it on my calendar and the DR is ready. Just hope the weather and work cooperate! Work? Yeah, I know, I'm supposed to be retired but......

I might be up for this ride, weather permitting.

I don't have a gps, could I tag along with somebody's group?

Need to get priorities in order-where is lunch? Maybe in D'Hanis by noon? That would mean Bill and Rosa's.

Back