• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

REwiring heated grips

Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Kelley
So i bought the bike last year and it had a set of heated grips on it but i didnt really ride enough last winter to worry about using them. Honestly i never paid much attention to them until today. All the wires are cut about a foot from each grip. There are just 4 wires sitting there. AM i able to just figure out the power and ground and wire properly though an auxiliary fuse and switch or is there some type of voltage regulator needed?

you need a controller unless you want them full blast all the time.

they may not even be rated to handle full power, and could act like a fuse and destroy themselves.

I'd almost think that for the trouble of rewiring and finding the pieces needed, it would seem easier to just buy a set and install them.

Shouldn't matter. There are cheaper alternatives than what I linked to. A common solution is a three position switch with high/low/off. I think the grips that use those have three wires going to them or there is a resister in the switch or in the circuit. I've never installed that setup, so I'm not sure.

Back