• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Phone carrier

_RG_

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the solution for keeping your phone in view, in touch and securely attached to the motorcycle. Also provides power for constant ON while being used for mapping/GPS duty.

DSCN1604.jpg

ONB-ADV.COM

RG...after seeing my phone fly out of the Ram X-grip when I hit a big pothole and watched in horror as it bounced all over the street behind me, I got rid of the Xgrip immediately. After alot of research into finding something far more secure, I bought that exact phone holder you got there. I'm sold on it. You done good.

Most of those phone carriers have an elastic strap that wraps across the front of the phone, for added protection. I took mine a step farther. I have a strip of Velcro on the back of my phone, that will stick it either to the phone holder or the top of my tank bag. In either case, it sticks there with the death grip only Velcro can offer.

Dao, in developing the carrier I got my hands on one of every kind of phone cradle that I could find. A friend had already warned me about the X model. He rides off-road and has spent hours searching for his lost phone on several occasions. There are a lot of different cradle ideas out there but most are just not suited for off-road use. The one pictured works well. As one customer said, "If your phone comes out of this, you've got bigger problems than just a lost phone." I hope folks will like it.

Back