• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Planning Phase: Mexico-Guatemala-Belize

Roger that.

In other news, I have made some small changes to the itinerary, the most significant of which involves crossing at Eagle Pass, rather than McAllen. Given the general southwestern direction of my route, it makes more sense logistically.

Tip: Forget putting the TVIP sticker on your bike i.e. the windscreen or anywhere else.

Just leave it attached to the document it comes on and keep available if asked. I keep mine in the top box in a folder with the tourist card etc.

Tip: Forget putting the TVIP sticker on your bike i.e. the windscreen or anywhere else.

Just leave it attached to the document it comes on and keep available if asked. I keep mine in the top box in a folder with the tourist card etc.
Yep, that's what I did last time too, and never once was asked about it in the various checkpoints I went through. In fact, I've gotten my papers checked significantly less when on a motorcycle than when traveling Mexico's interior on four wheels. The most common questions at checkpoints were 1) where are you going, 2) how big is the engine (I was on my C-14), and 3) how fast does it go. :rider:

Just saying hello. Today is day #28 of the trip, and I'm currently in Metztitlán, Hidalgo. I expect to be home on the 10th, and it is probably going to take me at least a week after that to complete the ride report. I do promise that the RR is not going to be boring... :rider:

Cheers!

I hope you're having a great time. I look forward to reading about it.

Back