• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Place to load bike near Dallas

JTS

Reaction score
I am meeting my family at SMU on 10/22 to watch the football game. I will be coming from San Antonio on my 1190 Adventure R and I will have my wife bring my pickup from Wichita Falls.

I am looking for a place to load my bike into the bed of the truck before the game. The game is at 6 and I would rather ride home with them in the truck instead of riding back to Wichita Falls after dark.

Do you guys know of any place where it would be easy for me to load it up. I have a couple of aluminum fold up ramps that I use to load dirt bikes into the truck but they are light duty and kinda short.

This may or may not be any help.

La Quinta Arlington, on 360 right by Six Flags, right hand side of the (entrance to the) parking area, there's a bank abt 3ft high that I backed up to once, rode the bagger onto the top of the bank (which is on adjacent property, IIRC), and rolled it right into the truck bed.

La Quinta Arlington, on 360 right by Six Flags, right hand side of the (entrance to the) parking area, there's a bank abt 3ft high that I backed up to once, rode the bagger onto the top of the bank (which is on adjacent property, IIRC), and rolled it right into the truck bed.

Something like that would be perfect.

Does anyone know of a place like that north of downtown Dallas or Irving, Grapevine or near the airport?

Seems like any number of businesses around there should have a loading ramp out back or along the side. Stuff around airports usually have both tall and short versions. Shouldn't be a problem once you're there and can look around a bit.

Spot on garfey. I did the same thing at the Ford dealer in Hurst when I bought my truck. Backed up against a hill and rode the TR6 up and back down into the bed. Take a blanket or a piece of plywood to keep from scraping the tailgate.

m

Last edited:
Something like that would be perfect.

Does anyone know of a place like that north of downtown Dallas or Irving, Grapevine or near the airport?

OK, sorta, but it's not as perfect as it was at that LaQ.

Motel 6, Lewisville, around back. There's a bank there, not as high or steep (steep is good) but, if you have a ramp, it'll be high enough. Note that you'll have to park crossways in the street to do it, but the street's where semi's park at night.

... next to Interstate 35E, 8.3 miles from the Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center and 11.1 miles from Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. …

Address: 1705 Lakepointe Dr, Lewisville, TX 75057

Aside, there's a pretty good little seafood restaurant next door.

Make sure she has the ramps with her and if nothing else comes up there is a good dip that the back wheels of the truck could backed into. This is under the Dart rail off Walnut Hill just east of 75.

I should be back in that area tomorrow and will try to check out a few places.

cleatus what are you and garfey doing in all these strange hill side hide outs.you are suposed to be installing glass . and garfey get back to being retired and ridin :rider::rider:

What about motorcycle shops? Seems many I've seen have an area to load/unload bikes as well.

Try Google Street View and you should be able to see the ramp it says just below pick up that high

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

That's right town the street from SMU. Perfect.

I pulled it up on google map and could see it. Greenville and Southwestern.

I'll offer my driveway in Arlington. Seriously. It is so steep where it joins the street that you can ride flat onto a trailer. And we've loaded into pickups with little difficulty. PM if interested.

K. Hard to dig through all those responses on a phone screen. Glad it's worked out.

Back