• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hill Country 500: Nov 5-6, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an updated gpx file? Or is the ne at the beginning of the thread still the best?

The gpx files I posted are still the planned routes for both days. Some groups (like the one RG is leading) may choose to modify the route(s) but the planned routes as posted have not changed. I suspect most groups will follow the planned routes.

I have really looked forward to this ride for weeks, but is raining straight down here, and I guess I'm getting old,really hate to ride in the rain,so guess I'm going to be out unless the weather makes a dramatic turn.:argh:

There will be two of us meeting in Blanco tomorrow morning. We will only be riding Saturday. Looking forward to it!

Arrived at JC property for camping. Amazing place next to the river. Porta potty, Fire, grill.
Sweet!

Look for orange cones. They will guide you to the entrance of camp.

i-wv4SRR5-L.jpg

i-jN6FzbT-L.jpg

Got a new rear tire & the XR is ready to go , will see you guy's & girl's tomorrow morning Woo! Hoo! Yee-Ha! Let's Ride! :rider:

Bike is loaded and ready to go. See you at Stripes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For you guys who haven't finished packing yet, a simple bicycle cable and a lock comes in handy in Kerrville so your bike doesn't decide to go bar hopping while you're getting your beauty rest.

Y'all should have camped at Kubotamikes.
i-WN7bn49

Oncor scheduled me some temporary disconnect and reconnect last night at 11pm. Had to be there to hook everything up(I'm an electrician). Got back home at 3:30am. So there is no chance I'll be driving from Dallas now. We'll see how I feel tonight and will I be able to join.

On Sunday from Kerrville, groups will be rolling out around 8:30am?

Y'all should have camped at Kubotamikes.
i-WN7bn49

X10. :thumb:

Unparalleled hospitality way above and beyond. Cannot overstate our gratitude.

Camping with friends and slandering each other's moto abilities round a blazing campfire rates right on up there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back