• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

V-Strom owners thread

Has any body received a written recall i have not ? I do know Suzuki says the recall is incomplete, there probably waiting for them to go out one at a time so it wont cost them so much all at once.

Aaron

From my last recall experience, the recall was posted on Suzuki's website weeks before I got my written notice. As far as dealers, my dealer (Destination Cycle) had the vin on my bike in the system so a simple phone call and they confirmed it. They then ordered the parts and called me when they got in and set up an appt. to get it done. I then took my bike to them, and before I was done window shopping the bikes on the showroom floor, they had the job done. I can't understand why any dealer would need your bike before they order the parts.

My DL1000 is on the list too. Has anybody had any issues getting their recall done.
I called my dealer (where I bought my bike) when I first got the recall and they acted like like I was bothering them!? (First red flag) then they said bring it in and we'll order the parts (second red flag) I asked when they think it would be done? "Are going to bring it in or what?" (Third and final red flag)
I'm apprehensive going else where!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine was at the dealer overnight. Very quick but, I did call ahead to make sure the part was in stock before bringing them my bike

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Just got off phone with woods cycle country N B service department the formal written recall will go out for the stater recall on or about 1/9/17 Justin said it will cover all 2012 to 2016 DL 650 and some other models that he did make specific. so call your dealer run the Vin, order parts and get er done.

Ps you get your oil changed for free but no oil filter unless you pay for it (tight wads)

Aaron

Mine was at the dealer overnight. Very quick but, I did call ahead to make sure the part was in stock before bringing them my bike

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Sorry! Mine was the other recall for the 2012's & older DL1000 regulator/rectifier power module.

Today......... for the first time since 2003 ..... I woke up to look at a garage without a Strom in it......
Thats rite.... Im now oficially an EX V STROM owner
But it doesnt mean that Ive given up on Stroms.....
Still..... one of the absolute BEST bang for the buck bikes out there
....... who knos??????

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

I hate to put my marital issues in the public domain but as my wife was helping me install a pair of barkbusters on my Wee this afternoon I had to explain twice that enhancements to my bike are called farkles and not "do dads".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like doo dad's a lot better. I'd like to meet the guy that named them farkles. and kick him

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

I like doo dad's a lot better. I'd like to meet the guy that named them far***s. and kick him

Would agree with this also. I've never liked that "f" word. so much so I won't even type it...or quote it! Mods, add-ons, extras, accessories, etc. plenty of better words to use...even doo-dads if forced. For me it goes back to only modifying my bikes for function, not aesthetics. So sparkles, where the word derived from, has no relevance.

_

Today......... for the first time since 2003 ..... I woke up to look at a garage without a Strom in it......
Thats rite.... Im now oficially an EX V STROM owner
But it doesnt mean that Ive given up on Stroms.....
Still..... one of the absolute BEST bang for the buck bikes out there
....... who knos??????
Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Make you a great deal on a nice '11 Oui, very well kept, hardly just ridden. :rofl: Or not. :-P

I like doo dad's now. I have some doo dad's to put on my 380 to protect the radiators. [emoji3]

Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures!

I hate to put my marital issues in the public domain but as my wife was helping me install a pair of barkbusters on my Wee this afternoon I had to explain twice that enhancements to my bike are called farkles and not "do dads".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha, As I was describing some bikes in for sale ads as, 'it's really farkled up'. My wife thought I was saying farkles in lieu of another F word.

Well, she may still be right as I imagine a few wive's have uttered this phrase; "too many F-ing Farkles" at some point or another. ;-)

Last edited:
Followup on the stator recall, for those living in the DFW Mid Cities area:

I called Arlington Motorsports this morning to see about getting the warranty work done. Their response was that I would have to bring the bike in and leave it, after which they would then order the part and repair it when it comes in. How long, I asked. They informed me they would probably get the part in five days or so. That means a minimum of a week with my bike sitting in their shop, waiting for a part that could be preordered.

That didn't seem like a sensible way to handle a Suzuki factory problem to me. I called Freedom Powersports in Hurst. They took down all the applicable info, and when the part is in, they'll call me to schedule service. That makes a little more sense to me.

Last edited:
had mine done last week it was painless i called woods in New B they check the Vin, order parts, schedule time to come in 4 hours later it was done now this toke place over about three weeks
sound to me you may need to use another dealer. i hate to say i don't like take anything to the dealer any more and i order all my parts on line seams no one ever has anything i need they have to order it anyway!

Aaron

Kudos to Cycle Center of Denton. I just had the stator recal done there. They ordered parts, called me when they came in (3 days), and scheduled a time I could ride there and wait on it. They estimated a 2 hour wait, but in 1 1/2 hours I was on my way. Very nice folks, they actually listened and seemed competent. I am happy with the service, and will not hesitate to go back. Unlike any of the Freedom Powersports dealerships - I refuse to go to them, the two I tried were seriously lacking.

Last edited:
had mine done last week it was painless i called woods in New B they check the Vin, order parts, schedule time to come in 4 hours later it was done now this toke place over about three weeks
sound to me you may need to use another dealer. i hate to say i don't like take anything to the dealer any more and i order all my parts on line seams no one ever has anything i need they have to order it anyway!

Aaron
good deal, i had a similar experience 2 weeks ago, i called suzuki in pharr, gave my vin #, they called me in a week when they had parts ready, i made an appt, it took half da day, all is good, easy peasy,

Hey guys, any vstroms coming to mex this year ?

Any thoughts on opening factory luggage when this happens? Luckily the cylinder did not fall out until I tried to open the top case.
2ba48e31fc4d08b2f5e6e85b44800a41.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Tapatalk

Went by Georgetown Power Sports for stator recall on Wee. Showed them my VIN on Insurance card. They ordered parts. They have a warranty man that comes in , maybe Ethen? He called me and said when part comes in I'll ride over, maybe 2-3 hours. No hassle so far. I bought a new KLR from them in 2011, They have always treated me well. When it is done I will continue report.

Sounds great. I'm hoping for a good experience when Freedom gets the parts in hand for me.

Back