• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Premptive Slack Attack for a Possible Wet Weekend...Thursday 19th Jan

Cycledelic Relic

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Powers
POSTPONED till next week

Dont wanna get caught waitin for weekend weather that wont be wanted...????

This Thursdays Slack o Rama will cure your ills.... with a few paved thrills

Meet me in Valley Mills 10:00am at Cefco
Loopy meandering to a
Lunch Location TBD 11:30

With some Desserted roads after

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Possible Wet Weekend Premptive Slack Attack...Thursday 19th Jan

:popcorn:

Re: Possible Wet Weekend Premptive Slack Attack...Thursday 19th Jan

I just want to live vicariously through you guys. Keep planning.

.....ok....theres a new Italian place in Clifton...... meet there for lunch at 11
Then a bit of meandering toward dessert in Whitney
keepin yall northerners close to your comfy zone

I still hav some goodies up thataway

Or backwards.... lunch in Whitney....
Dessert in Clifton

Its 7:30 Wed nite....... only a couple of us hav even posted about riding.... mabe we should wait a week.... next Sat is Hico pie run

Last edited:
I was jus tryin to broaden the types of roads & restaurants ..... ?huh

I think the better idea mite b to offer a separate slacker ride for folks down south if they want it. Zephyr would b kinda like me in respect to which direction he could meet I bet.

We'll keep this doable for all yall up north by selectin places between Waco & Ft Worth .... Golthwaite & Mineral Wells ... even over east toward Dallas & Corsicana

Slackers rides seem to work best in the cold months when the good days are likely to be on a week day. But the good temperatures are only for about five or six hours midday. It could be forty at eight and 70 at two in the afternoon. That limits the distance I'm willing to travel for the meetup. Besides, the daylight hours are shorter. I like the idea of North and South Slacker rides.

Robert....u & i r in a good position location wise.... to ride either a northern or southern route....
That goes for Carolyn.. Bob... & a few others generally located along the Hwy 84 east west corridor

My late afternoon "luunch" at Hill Country BBQ in Goatsville
e1e609965a23f920b89674bc8178d958.jpg

This is the $10.50 version

Last edited:
So you did ride some where :) We rode around in a circle, about 200 miles worth. :)

My close to home was Tarrant, Parker, Erath, Hood and Jack counties ;-)

Back