• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Southern Flyer Diner at Brenham Airport closed

GSer

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Just letting everyone know that the Southern Flyer Diner at the Brenham Airport closed permanently last Sunday, January 15th. I have ridden there many times and have always enjoyed it. Heck, two weekends ago I finally got to see the place from the air. Hopefully someone will eventually re-open the restaurant so we can once again make it an enjoyable ride destination.

i-kgpc7WS-M.jpg

i-tZ3CF7J-M.jpg

i-mPNxBcT-M.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting! I have eaten there about once a month for years now. They are (were) busy around lunch time. What a shame!

Very strange... It wasn't that long ago at all that I was up there for lunch. Quite a shame, I've driven and flown out there numerous times.

Very strange... It wasn't that long ago at all that I was up there for lunch. Quite a shame, I've driven and flown out there numerous times.

Is that the 50's themed diner? If so, I actually know the owners, although I haven't seen them in some years. I have a friend that knows them pretty well. I hope they are ok.

In the interview he says the Diner was a loss leader. Would not have imagined that with the crowds on weekends.

Back