• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Arkansas ride.

Great photos!!!

I love riding up there, great thread. Just feel obliged to mention HWY 123, especially the section east of Jasper down to HWY 16. Amazing and a must ride.

We all trailered to Hot springs because of the icy conditions when we left, however Maurice and I wanted to ride the Talimena Trail since it had been several years since he had done so and more 30 since I had ridden it.
My honey along the trail in 1981.
lastonesbeforeslides0046.jpg

And our 1980 850 Yamaha triple, complete with Samsonite luggage, also along the trail.
lastonesbeforeslides0045.jpg

On Sunday we rode the shore of lake Ouachita and that's the way we headed going to the trail. We rode 270 to 88 and the closer we got to Mena, the better the roads became. From Mena to 259, the good riding is continuous. I highly recommend the Talimena Trail. Our total mileage on the bikes was close to 1200 miles.

Back