• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SIDI Adventure Goretex.

saikhan

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
I bought the best pair of boots I have ever had on my feet, bar none. The articulated ankle allows me to walk around comfortably, they are waterproof and breathable. I am impressed, though for the price, I should be.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sidi-adventure-gore-tex-boots

http://www.slavensracing.com/wp-content/uploads/Sidi-Adventure-Gore-Tex-Boots-300x300.jpg

I didn't buy them from either of the sites I posted. I got them in Aus. 480 dollars, but believe it or not, I think they are worth it.

Wow, the price has certainly increased. I bought some a few years ago for about half of that. :eek2:

Kurt, the non-Goretex version is less and for a while it was the only version you could get in the US.

oh, and the non-Goretex are waterproof too and they are what I have.

Last edited:
These are what I wear as well. They are very versatile and provide excellent protection. I snagged a pair a few years ago and they were considerably cheaper at Lone Star.

RB

If you think the SIDI Adv Goretex are the schnizzle, try the Crossfire 2

I use the former on the road, the latter on the dirt

Dang... Those boots are more than what I paid for my fly racing helmet....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Dang... Those boots are more than what I paid for my fly racing helmet....

Yeah, it is a lot of money. I tried on about 8 different models and these were way ahead in comfort (for Me ). The more comfortable they got , the more expensive they got :) . I intended to go cheaper but the quality just wasn't there.

I have the SIDI Discovery. Took a little to break in but now so comfortable I did a 3 mile hike in them, just ask Trice.

I have the SIDI Discovery. Took a little to break in but now so comfortable I did a 3 mile hike in them, just ask Trice.

That was the hike that convinced me to dump the O'Neals and get the SIDI Crossfire 2s

I told Kathy at Lone Star today they're so comfortable, I sleep in them :rofl:

The Crossfire 2 has a new, adjustable plate system for the calf area. Since I have knee protectors (Fox) that partially slide into a boot, I thought I would have to unscrew the plates and expand the boot, but adjusting the straps was all I need to do. I have total off-road ankle, shin, and knee protection now that is so comfortable it's hard to explain it.

There's one big problem with SIDI's and it has to do with how quickly they wear out.

Problem is they never wear out. I'm still wearing my original vertebra's and I might need to replace the sole soon (they sell those) but other than that...I WANT a new pair of boots but I can't justify it till these wear out.

:D

I may look at SIDI once I wear out my fly mavrik's. Then again I paid 1/5 for my mavrik, and they have replacement soles as well.

Does anyone know of a shop in the Houston area that has a good selection of Sidi products? I currently have a pair of SG-12's but after fifty hours on the bike, they just don't fit me very well and I am going to sell them. I went to Wild West but they don't have much. If I am going to drop 5 to 6 bones on a pair of good boots, I sure would like to try them on first.:mrgreen:

Back