• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Piano Bridge

Reaction score
At the back of the pack and out of the dust
Wagner was promoted by LGISD...

And they've installed the Piano Bridge.

PianoBridge001.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Important News From Fayette County

It's been too long coming. Wagner should have been in charge a long time ago.

Oh Happy Day!!! Just in time for our second annual (or is it first annual?) trip to Freyburg!! YEA!

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN TO THE SPOUSAL UNIT: You have 1 month to get that bike running.

Cool article. Back in the '70s Fayette County went on this modernization kick and tore down a bunch of the old truss bridges replacing them with ugly, characterless, concrete and steel eyesores. One of which was right up the road from me on Wayand RD, I couldn't believe it when they tore that one down.:-(
Great news that Piano Bridge was saved from the scrapyard, let's hope and pray that this trend continues!:zen:

Hey, what have y'all been up to? Haven't seen a post in a while.

I've been busy working on the DS conversion of the DRZ400E.

The KTM had something lodged in the float valve and filled the engine with fuel. Found a nearly broken throttle cable, probably ought to check the valves as long as I've dug this deep. You know how exploratory surgery can go.

All that, plus trying to finish out a new workshop. Haven't put in a mile of riding since returning from Big Bend on New Year's Eve.

Obviously, this needs to be remedied, pronto.

Also been mulling over possible roads for our CenTex project. :trust:

I've been busy working on the DS conversion of the DRZ400E.

The KTM had something lodged in the float valve and filled the engine with fuel. Found a nearly broken throttle cable, probably ought to check the valves as long as I've dug this deep. You know how exploratory surgery can go.

All that, plus trying to finish out a new workshop. Haven't put in a mile of riding since returning from Big Bend on New Year's Eve.

Obviously, this needs to be remedied, pronto.

Also been mulling over possible roads for our CenTex project. :trust:

JMZ has been coming up with some good stuff. Going out to visit Mudclod in hopes of finding something out there as well. Lots to do! Let me know when you get your bike running.

Last edited:
Y'know, I saw the title of this thread and somehow assumed it had to do with the middle part of a Billy Joel song. :confused:

BREAKING NEWS........

From my TxDOT Bridge Engineer friend Lloyd:

We are having the Piano Bridge ribbon-cutting ceremony on Monday, April 2nd at 9:00am. I'll have a news release out for Fayette County, but want to ensure your buddies get a special invite!

The Contractor, the County Judge and other local officials will speak, they may have a team of Clydesdales, probably a couple of antique cars, etc to cross the bridge as part of the ceremony. Remind folks to bring their kick stand plates, as it may be soft and muddy.

Last edited:
"BACH Steel began by heat straightening eye-bars." Heat straightening is the coolest thing, I'd like to have watched that.

The Piano bridge rehabilitation is almost complete and it will be opened Monday April 2 with a Ribbon Cutting ceremony. There will be a horse and buggy, maybe a team of Clydesdales, antique cars, and speeches by the local county commissioner, county judge, State Representative, the contractor and the TxDOT District Engineer...plus the cutting of a big ribbon with big scissors....all covered by the news media. Everyone is welcome to come and revel in the festivities! The TxDOT Yoakum District Public Information officer wanted me to invite all of my biker buddies that enjoy the area. The analysis and design, plan production, and construction engineering was accomplished within my bridge design group team. This will occur on site at the Piano Bridge near the Dubina Painted Church. Bring your kick stand plates as it may be soft and muddy. Click here for recent a You Tube clip.

"BACH Steel began by heat straightening eye-bars." Heat straightening is the coolest thing, I'd like to have watched that.

I would think from the name heat straightening would not be really cool. ;-):rofl:

my funny

but I have never heard of it before do they take a torch to the inside of a kink or what??

The Bridge has it's official opening/ribbon cutting THIS MONDAY 9AM if you were planning on attending......

Back