• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast - Sat 10/20/18 @ 9a the OST & Ride to the Harvest Classic?

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
Adventure Rider Breakfast - Sat 10/20/18 @ 9a the OST & Ride to the Harvest Classic?

I
28198196669_142a7ae5c2_n.jpg

A Texas Adventure Riders Association
San Antonio Chapter Event

Come to breakfast, meet and talk with other like minded individuals. Some will also go for a ride afterward, others ride home, get out on your bike and join us for either or both.

OST Restaurant
305 Main St
Bandera, Texas 78003
(830) 796-3836
MAP

E90ga01-1_zps0e6a0962.jpg

I highly recommend a ride after breakfast to the 16th Harvest Classic, a Central Texas Motorcycle Charities event benefiting the Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation.

What is the Harvest Classic like and what is there to do and see? Click HERE

HarvestMark2018.png
37125959256_23169d2b23_o.jpg

Post Breakfast Ride Information

The post Adventure Breakfast rides are all about fun, camaraderie and being safe. Some groups will focus on completing the route, others will just relax and ride to their cut off time then break off and head home.

A group size of 4 - 6 ride is optimal, with about a maximum of 8, grouping by bike size or desired pace is also beneficial if possible.

Safety and rider etiquette
Having your emergency contact information on you and having that information readily available is critical. This is important not just for group rides but everyday. Even though you may have a buddy along on the ride you may get separated on the road.
At minimum:
Name
Your street
Your town, state, Zip code
Driver's license # & state
Emergency contact
Emergency Phone
I taped mine on the bottom of the visor of my dual sport helmet, I also taped another on the back side of my fairing near the dash. The important thing is that it is easy for anyone to find.

Respect landowners and other road users, slow down and ride quietly when passing, people, vehicles, animals, homes, etc.

Last edited:
Re: Adventure Rider Breakfast - Sat 10/20/18 @ 9a the OST & Ride to the Harvest Class

Sander, I've got my KOA reservation in Fredericksburg, and will ride over for breakfast like last year. Been looking forward to the Harvest Classic, had a good time last year.

Re: Adventure Rider Breakfast - Sat 10/20/18 @ 9a the OST & Ride to the Harvest Class

Monte,

Unfortunately I'm scheduled to be out if town. I hate to miss the Harvest Classic!

Sorry to hear that Sander, I know you will hate to miss it this year.

It should be.

The attendees usually out number the respondents.

Well, weather is promising and the OST is too close NOT to ride there! See y'all there.

Weather was great but attendance was down a bit. However, those who attended had a good breakfast but skipped the ride on to the Harvest Classic, too many other things going on. So, though the gathering was small, the attendee was brilliant and the conversation, though muted, was informative.

And the miles ridden and places ridden to collectively by that group is amazing!

Back