• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pee Paw Goes To The Track

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Today, I went to MSR and did 2 morning sessions (1hr track time). Yes it was hot. I thought the first one had killed me, but the 30 min break got me completely rested. Second session just clicked. I was going really well, hitting apexes, running the fast lines, even passed my riding buddy. Don't know how all that happened but it felt really good to go fast again. So much easier than what I was doing. Really felt good, looking forward to some more great times at the track.

My daughter said it was because my fan club was there.

IMG_9419.jpg

Ignore the fat guy in the white suit and enjoy the babies. What a great day it was for all.

Got to meet those babies today.

The oldest got a BIG grin on her face while sitting on the Super Adventure.
You guys may be in trouble ...

Good stuff Doug, so happy to have gotten that bike back where it belongs. I'm happy it's working well for you.

Good stuff Doug, so happy to have gotten that bike back where it belongs. I'm happy it's working well for you.

You know Jasen, it honestly felt like home again. I think I can finally get back to some actual speed. I have been so long without it. I think that I had not had the feeling for some time (years). Now to have it pop up, that is an excellent adventure.

I will keep hitting the track and working on my speed. It would nice to be in the mid 1:20's before I turn 60. Got to have a goal. Of course the dirtbiking I think is very helpful as well.

Went swimming with the babies today. I think I am just a big kid when they are around. They are out with their Mom right now. I am quite pooped today.

We need to do a squid squad day sometime, it would be fun to get back to it, sir.

GTSS -Tye, circa 2009 at ECR. It was a good day.

IMG_1417.jpg

Marines can and do live and work in TwentyNinePalms, but we don't really like it.

Yep, but whining is not marine-esque.

1. I wasn't whining, just deferring.
2. Marines whine plenty, but we use the more politically correct term "*****ing." :rofl:

Edit: Oops, forgot where I was, thank goodness for the filter. Female Dog word there. :D

Back