• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

Oldie but goodie!

Attachments

• 10592978_633556900099375_1121237545613205361_n.jpg
    10592978_633556900099375_1121237545613205361_n.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 413
Regarding dirt worthiness it looks like another poser bike to me. Just say no.

Always hate'n on posers. :lol2:
I'd ride it though. Maybe I just proved your point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it!!

I have an equal debate in my head over whether I'd prefer the Classic of the Enduro or whether or not I wanna plop down about 10k for a new bike...

It wouldn't be a primary ride for me, but would be a fun little day-tripper.

2015-Ducati-Scrambler-Classic-06.jpg

2015-Ducati-Scrambler-Urban-Enduro-09.jpg

Lady can ride! Interesting competition, see other riders lined up. Anybody know more about this?

Attachments

• 90a869412e5f98527626dca85d947c43.jpg
    90a869412e5f98527626dca85d947c43.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 361
Not sure what she's doing, but sure would like to see what happened next. Looks like the front wheel is in the beginning stages of a wash-out. That style frame has a huge amount of weight on the front end.

Someone mentioned ideas for a Sportster?

73087d1255399309-off-road-dual-sportster-off-road-sportster-2.jpg

The question is, do you want to take a $30K fragile "scrambler" into the dirt?:eek2:

Phil

If the Ducati is what you're talking about it's under $10K if I recall correctly.

I think a detuned XR750 with its aluminum components would be a good adventure mount if built right.

I always thought the XR750 would make a novel street tracker, but at 80 - 90 ponies I wouldn't detune it.

Meriden I agree with you, my point was more to the fragile part than the price.

Some bikes are tough, some are not, Ducs fall into the NOT category. IMHO

is this what it means to be watercooled????

Attachments

• 10845926_672367689548028_93169780197074337_n.jpg
    10845926_672367689548028_93169780197074337_n.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 354

That would be my concern

Am I the only one that finds it the slightest bit funny that folks that own KTM's are bashing the Ducs for being easily broken and expensive to maintain?:rofl:

When I was at the KTM shop looking around for grins, the sales guys started asking me about my V-Strom. I told him I had just over 100k miles on it, and he asked me how many top ends I've had to put in it. He was shocked and astounded that it was still on the original top end with no major work at all done to the motor.

Am I the only one that finds it the slightest bit funny that folks that own KTM's are bashing the Ducs for being easily broken and expensive to maintain?:rofl:

When I was at the KTM shop looking around for grins, the sales guys started asking me about my V-Strom. I told him I had just over 100k miles on it, and he asked me how many top ends I've had to put in it. He was shocked and astounded that it was still on the original top end with no major work at all done to the motor.

They are as tough and easy to work on as anything comparable. KTM doesn't have anything like a V Strom (UJM dressed up as some type of Adventure bike) so hard to compare. I notice you comment quite a bit about your perception of KTM and their reliability. Most times, when I see that it is a sign that deep down that person wants one. :lol2:

Hate to derail the Ducati thread. This Scrambler looks like a fun bike and a relatively cheap way to get on a Duc.

I'm with ya. I've only owned one Ducati and that was about he time Mike the Bike was riding one at the TT and everything was fragile then. But I have to agree that the design (like several designs of late) may be more focused on hooking the Hipster market than on anything else. I'd like to have one , but I wouldn't ride it up a fire road.

They are as tough and easy to work on as anything comparable. KTM doesn't have anything like a V Strom (UJM dressed up as some type of Adventure bike) so hard to compare. I notice you comment quite a bit about your perception of KTM and their reliability. Most times, when I see that it is a sign that deep down that person wants one. :lol2:

Hate to derail the Ducati thread. This Scrambler looks like a fun bike and a relatively cheap way to get on a Duc.

Well, they do have the 1190 and 1290 with the 19" front wheels and that oh so sweet street rubber stuck on them. Other than a few bits here and there, what you are looking at it is just another GSTenereStromCaponardStelvioMultiStrada. There is only one KTM that I would own, and that is the 200XC-W. If someone walked up and gave me one of their big ADV bikes, I'd just sell it.;-)

What I do like is that manufactures like Harley, Ducati, Yamaha, and some others are realizing that not everyone wants or can afford a $15k motorcycle and they are going after the demographic that doesn't want a 300cc motorcycle, but doesn't want to spend a ton of cash. For that, my hat is off to each and every one of them. I'm liking the direction that all of them are going, and while I probably wouldn't buy one for myself, I can see that it is a smart move on their parts.

I'm with ya. I've only owned one Ducati and that was about he time Mike the Bike was riding one at the TT and everything was fragile then. But I have to agree that the design (like several designs of late) may be more focused on hooking the Hipster market than on anything else. I'd like to have one , but I wouldn't ride it up a fire road.

Tell anyone who owns an Elefant (or e900) that their bike is fragile! :lol2:

Well, they do have the 1190 and 1290 with the 19" front wheels and that oh so sweet street rubber stuck on them. Other than a few bits here and there, what you are looking at it is just another GSTenereStromCaponardStelvioMultiStrada. There is only one KTM that I would own, and that is the 200XC-W. If someone walked up and gave me one of their big ADV bikes, I'd just sell it.;-)

What I do like is that manufactures like Harley, Ducati, Yamaha, and some others are realizing that not everyone wants or can afford a $15k motorcycle and they are going after the demographic that doesn't want a 300cc motorcycle, but doesn't want to spend a ton of cash. For that, my hat is off to each and every one of them. I'm liking the direction that all of them are going, and while I probably wouldn't buy one for myself, I can see that it is a smart move on their parts.

And right now there is a dealer in PA with two 2013 Su per Ten eres for $8998 each (new) :eek2:

How's that V-twin adventure bike of yours? Are you going to sell it?

I need to. The poor thing has been sitting neglected for nearly two years now. It wants to be ridden. :rider:

All it needs is for me to clean the carbs and wrap up some electrical loose ends after moving a few goodies from it to the Tiger.

HD_Husky.jpg

Guys will ride anything in the desert.

i don't have anything against Harley's, obviously! Yet the weight of that thing and the taller suspension, ugh!

Not sure I would like that, going to lighter bikes. Also the Yamaha scrambler is in the same class IMHO.

I used to ride a Gold Wing...05, I know heavy!

Phil

Harleys can be made to go well in the dirt:

[ame="http://youtu.be/Fqgwo_WdyRo"]Kain Saul Backflips a XR1200 Harley Davidson to dirt - YouTube[/ame]

Back