• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A-B-C Towns (in order) Pic Game

:rofl:

I was thinking about this thread last year when when passing the Alpine city limit sign but the population was 2800 or such...

Also thought about it while chasing FM roads in east Texas and missed the Arp sign.

AND... (drum roll please) somebody was telepathing these signals to me today while I was out getting FM roads and courthouses because I again thought of this contest AND I remembered to stop for a picture:

archercity_0391q.JPG

But cruisin beat me to it! :doh:

:lol2:

Sorry, but I too, had to take a few hours vacation to finish putting new parts in the charging system of the R80. (actually; all new/used parts -- reg. diode board, stator and rotor) And of course once the work is done there is always the mandatory test ride & I figured I might as well snap a few pics while out.

But I digress, that still doesn't explain the RT pic in Anton. No explanation really, just happened to capture that a few weeks ago while getting FM sign pics; as you can clearly see. Any way while I was waiting on some parts to cool between test runs today, I checked in here and saw that a pic with an "A" town was needed and posted what I had. :mrgreen:

OK, let's rock! I saw the Bunavista sign indicating it was 1 mile away. One mile later all I could find was Borger. Either way, here we go.

Attachments

• Bunavista.jpg
    Bunavista.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 265
  • Borger.jpg
    Borger.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 270
  • Cactus.jpg
    Cactus.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 265
  • Dumas.jpg
    Dumas.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Etter.jpg
    Etter.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 267
And of course my home stompin' grounds, Fritch.

Attachments

• Fritch.jpg
    Fritch.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 253
"J" is up and it looks like the closest one to the Panhandle is Justiceburg, between Post and Snyder on hwy 84. That's 210 miles from me and about 170 from lonestarrider. Anyone down that way wanna get it or someone else from another of the "J" towns near you?

Cruisin, Jayton would be a better ride, which is a little more out of the way:thumb:.

Cruisin, Jayton would be a better ride, which is a little more out of the way:thumb:.

ok, let's go! according to streets & trips it is only 4 miles more and looks like a whole lot more fun. But I'm bettin' someone else will post a "J" before we could get there and back; especially considering that I am not much in the mood to battle 35mph winds all day. I am still giving some thought to re-shooting some local signs that I am not happy with for photographic quality or composition.

Yeah the wind is kinda rough today and it would be a late start.
When I head down to New Ulm for the pie run I am going to keep in mind to get a pic of the small town's sign. Hopefully I can remember to stop. I'm not much on stopping.

BTW: There is no town that begins with 'X' in Texas so you can never get all the way to 'Z'. For that matter, there are only two towns in the U.S. that begin with a 'X' and that is Xenia, IL and Xenia, OH.

I have actually done the entire ABC (but used towns of all sizes). I actually rode all the way to Xenia, IL to get the 'X'.

Because I have done this, I'll not post my pictures and ruin the fun for others, but I will let you 'borrow' my 'X'

You could alter your rules to use a Texas town that has an 'x in it (i.e., Mexia), etc.

Attachments

• City - Xenia wo mag.jpg
    City - Xenia wo mag.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 269
According to the handbook of texas, there is a town called X-Ray 14 miles nw of stephenville on Texas 108.

According to the handbook of texas, there is a town called X-Ray 14 miles nw of stephenville on Texas 108.

Well technically, the spelling was Exray (although pronounced X-Ray). Also, I don't think any part of that town is still there.

So you still gota go to IL or OH to get a town that starts with 'X'

Back