• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Austin TARA: Monthly ride

What do you call it when your gps doesn't work, you bushwack across someone's ranch, lose your wallet, and barely make it home on the gas in your rotopax? A fine day of dual sport motorcyclng :) Great time today guys.

Except for my crash, it was a mighty fun day....getting lost and all (that was the best part....well that and not getting shot for it).

Thanks for the welcome and the help, was nice meeting everyone and getting to know the Texas back roads.

Unfortunately, I will be off the bike for a little while, turns out I broke two bones in my left hand. I didn't even notice it Sunday...rode all day and thought my hand was sore, but not in pain. But by that evening, it was swelling like mad and the next day had to go to the ER it was so painful.

My thigh is black and blue, and I'm sore all over, but I'll live. Bike is fine, just some cosmetic crap to replace, unfortunately.

I guess I'll miss the surface-of-the-sun riding weather, lol.

Except for my crash, it was a mighty fun day....getting lost and all (that was the best part....well that and not getting shot for it).

Thanks for the welcome and the help, was nice meeting everyone and getting to know the Texas back roads.

Unfortunately, I will be off the bike for a little while, turns out I broke two bones in my left hand. I didn't even notice it Sunday...rode all day and thought my hand was sore, but not in pain. But by that evening, it was swelling like mad and the next day had to go to the ER it was so painful.

My thigh is black and blue, and I'm sore all over, but I'll live. Bike is fine, just some cosmetic crap to replace, unfortunately.

That crash was pretty spectacular, I thought you were a boss for sticking with us. get to feeling better, and we'll see you in the fall.

Hey it could have been worse. Glad you're on the mend and it was good to meet you.

Hey it could have been worse. Glad you're on the mend and it was good to meet you.

Any time you can finish the ride after a get-off is a lucky day. Bummed about my hand, but the gear did it's job and the bike is too tough to kill, so I count it as a victory.

Hope to do more rides once I'm able.

Posting a vid of one of our water crossings. Hope this link works. Many thanks to Gourdhead for sweeping. Had a blast.

[ame="https://youtu.be/dTgbIcFoNB8"]May 2018 TARA Ride - YouTube[/ame]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

One more water crossing.

[ame="https://youtu.be/H2JP5yL8Ppg"]TARA May Ride Water Crossing - YouTube[/ame]

Great videos!
Question...would my stock metzler tourance tires handle this well? I've got a patch kit. :) I'm a new to dirt rider and NEED to get some time on dirts under my belts. :rider:

Great videos!
Question...would my stock metzler tourance tires handle this well? I've got a patch kit. :) I'm a new to dirt rider and NEED to get some time on dirts under my belts. :rider:

I would go with something a little more aggressive but that's probably just me.

K.
These will prob get replaced this Summer. I'll check around the forum for suggestions for an 80/20 tire to replace them

Thx!

beg dirt / adv Rider on a Tiger 800
pavement, no problem. dirt...? eek!

Great videos!

I rode with Reno/Steve Sprissler on Saturday, and he had Tourances on his BMW R1150gs. They seemed to handle everything well enough, including a couple of fairly muddy and slick water crossings. You might want to reach out to him for his opinion. I was on my Strom on Saturday with Mitas E07's, and can highly recommend them for both dirt roads and daily riding.

Just put EO7s on the AT. Now installing Camel high fender kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just put EO7s on the AT. Now installing Camel high fender kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That a.t. will be transformed. Glad you are getting them on. Did you do it yourself? (How did it go)
Let's see some pics!

Last edited:
I'm out for this Saturday. Its my one day off, and I think I want to spend it on the couch.

Been sick all week, wont make it.

Back