• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Viethorse visits from Vietnam and rides Texas!

Re: I will be riding in Texas soon - Need your advices :)

That is 3 "different" machines for sure! thanks for the pictures.

When do we get to see the North Carolina pics?

popcorn.gif

Thank guys.
I will create another thread for the SE tour. It's simply AWESOME! ;-)

Friday night, say farewell to Camilo.
Sat AM, we have some more riders come and joined.

The Sport bike ZX6R seemed lost among the GS club :giveup:

DSC02439.jpg

Got fueled up:
DSC02440.jpg

Some first view of the roads:
DSC02445.jpg

DSC02443.jpg

DSC02458.jpg

My riding buddies:
DSC02450.jpg

DSC02451.jpg

Stopped for a quick rest before getting to the twisty route:
DSC02471.jpg

Full equipped GS:
DSC02472.jpg

DSC02473.jpg

During my ride in NC, I was thinking of getting the Spot like this - good for the ride to the middle of no-where.
DSC02475.jpg

DSC02477.jpg

Tested the GoPro view:
DSC02481.jpg

Ready faces:
DSC02484.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02485.jpg

Nice road started. Now I really don't remember which routes we have been thru. Just know they are Three Sister something.

Well, dang, it a small dam:
DSC02497.jpg

An old (looking) house???
DSC02499.jpg

Some cruisers:
DSC02501.jpg

DSC02506.jpg

DSC02512-1-2.jpg

DSC02522.jpg

DSC02523.jpg

Here's how a cameraman work:
DSC02514.jpg

DSC02521.jpg

If you are interested, I can send you the tracklog of where we went so you can look at it.

That was Fred's bike with the Spot on it. I had one running in my tank bag, but under the maps so you couldn't see it.

If you are interested, I can send you the tracklog of where we went so you can look at it.

That was Fred's bike with the Spot on it. I had one running in my tank bag, but under the maps so you couldn't see it.

Thank Rusty. Pls attach to this thread or send me via email. I was having my GPS offline for sometimes.
At NC, I was alone, cornering on the winding roads which is so long, in middle of forest, wild animals crossing, no traffic, no gas station for 30-50miles... That time really thought of a Spot.

Did I miss the NC thread? :popcorn:
Could you post a link in this thread to it if you create a separate thread for your NC adventures? Looking forward to hearing about it. In Mooresville, 30 mi north of Charlotte if something comes up and you need help.

Stopped for lunch:
DSC02540.jpg

Nice place, seemed familiar with TWT:
DSC02538.jpg

A TWT sticker on the door:
DSC02537.jpg

Nice decor inside:
DSC02534.jpg

Should have a TWT banner here:
DSC02535-1.jpg

Happy lunch:
DSC02532-1.jpg

DSC02528.jpg

Oh, this was mine, looks okay huh:
DSC02529.jpg

The road after lunch time was good as well.
I was trying to talk to Rusty that we were missing one rider :rider: but he kept going... :lol2:

I was not familiar with the roads so did not dare to ride too aggressive. Sometimes, at the 15-10mph corners, I saw lots of tire marks on the road surface then I gotta pull the brake.

Really nice mountain roads:
DSC02549.jpg

Stopped for some views:
DSC02555.jpg

DSC02546-1.jpg

DSC02548.jpg

DSC02545.jpg

DSC02544.jpg

DSC02552.jpg

He said: I will buy this area:
DSC02543.jpg

Did I miss the NC thread? :popcorn:
Could you post a link in this thread to it if you create a separate thread for your NC adventures? Looking forward to hearing about it. In Mooresville, 30 mi north of Charlotte if something comes up and you need help.

No, you did not miss that as I haven't created yet.
There are more than 1200 photos in my camera now, and it take me sometimes to ride back to Atlanta and working with the photos.
Posting from Clayton-GA now. Today I will ride around 200miles more to back to Atlanta.

:rider:

P.S: Thank you. I was at Asheville, that seems the nearest point of my ride to your place.

No, you did not miss that as I haven't created yet.
There are more than 1200 photos in my camera now, and it take me sometimes to ride back to Atlanta and working with the photos.
Posting from Clayton-GA now. Today I will ride around 200miles more to back to Atlanta.

:rider:

P.S: Thank you. I was at Asheville, that seems the nearest point of my ride to your place.

no pressure; just have enjoyed your story. :sun:

Kept moving with the twisties, we were quite disappointed with a bunch of Harley affront.

Passed the Harleis, we stuck with this:
DSC02561.jpg

Scott asked Rusty - what's going on!?
I wish I know - said Rusty :zen::

DSC02559.jpg

Oh, I was there as well, but don't know exactly what it was:
DSC02564.jpg

There was a chopper just flying up, seemed the good time to start moving:
DSC02562.jpg

Started rolling again:
DSC02571.jpg

I don't know what they was discussing about:
DSC02576.jpg

Just beside the HOGs:
DSC02574.jpg

Cornering for a while, we stopped for rest at the place where I knew that we had passed on the way in:
DSC02581.jpg

Some more good roads:
DSC02592-2.jpg

His GS seat may not so good. So he kept standing up like that most of the time :trust:
DSC02584.jpg

DSC02602.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

DSC02610.jpg

The GS seat is fine, it is the knees that can't stand to be bent for long periods of time. The GS is REALLY comfy to ride in the standing position. So I often spend a lot of time just standing, this is especially true when riding off the pavement.

Re: I will be riding in Texas soon - (Ride report from page # 8)

It's a common issue in a lot of places. :doh:

They still keep manufacturing a lot of HD now, I think. :mrgreen:

The GS seat is fine, it is the knees that can't stand to be bent for long periods of time. The GS is REALLY comfy to ride in the standing position. So I often spend a lot of time just standing, this is especially true when riding off the pavement.

Gotcha, Scott. Looks like that's advantage of a dirt bike.

4:15PM, it seemed like my last fuel up for the day:
DSC02611.jpg

It was starting to be chilly. I did not prepare for such kind of weather.
DSC02613.jpg

We rode along a river for a while, then to a freeway. Doh, that time I really felt cold. I have only one more thin layer behind the leathers only. My gloves is for summer as well. My body started to be shivering.

Tried to take a photo to make me warmer when buddies stopped for discussion:
DSC02619.jpg

Finally, we got to the dinner place. Thanks God. I survived:
DSC02622.jpg

Really nice place. We were arriving on time as we did not have a long queue as some minutes later:
DSC02624.jpg

DSC02629-1.jpg

My friend said it's a good place:
DSC02627.jpg

Mine - really great BBQ:
DSC02626.jpg

Enjoyed the dinner:
DSC02623.jpg

We went back to Rusty's and chitchat until midnight. Slept very well that night.
Woke up in the morning and really did not want to get outside. It was very cold. I had not be prepared for that.
Gotta wear all of my T-shirt which I brought with and two more TWT shirts from Scott.

From this morning, Tourmeister and Viethorse heading back to Huntsville/Houston. They didn't plan on cold so TM has my spare jacket liner and Viethorse has a pair of my extra winter gloves. Viethorse is wearing all the shirts he had with him. Two long sleeve ones and two short sleeve ones. I think there will be a lot of stops on the way to warm up.

IMG4722-L.jpg

IMG4723-L.jpg

Look at me, I was too fat in comparison with my normal status.

On the way back, I had to use my own towell to cover my neck and hooped down under the windscreen to avoid getting cold.

Thank to Rusty's gloves. They saved my hands.
Stopped for fuel, my throttle clamp came loose. I was thinking of it had been loosen since we were on ThreeSisters.
DSC02632.jpg

Scott guided me thru a Country roads again. The roads was almost no traffic, with open air, good road condition... and it's really cold.
We stopped for a while at the middle of the field:
DSC02634-1.jpg

DSC02635-1.jpg

After passing Texas A&M University, where Scott had his Degree, we said goodbye to each other.
I turned right and get on to the Hwy-6 then I-290 to back to Houston downtown.
My last fuel stop on Hwy-6:

DSC02636-1.jpg

Got back to the hotel just after lunch. Returned the bike without any issue.

Well, that's it. That 's my wonderful trip in Texas with all great people.
Back to my work with the hope to ride with you guys again very soon.
Really appreciate all of your guidance, supports and your valuable time to ride with me there.
Especially thank to Scott for all the thing which you have done to make my trip went so well;
Thank to Rusty and wife for giving me very warm family atmostphere all the time being there.
Thank to Camilo and others buddies who have help me a lot during my time in Texas.
Big thank to TWT which gave me all great friends and oppotunity to explore US.
Hope to see and ride with you all very soon.

I look forward to the pics/report from your ride in the Smoky Mountains!

Great report and pictures from Texas!
We hope to have you back soon.
I feel this is one more testimony of the value of TWT, Scott and the Administrators do an excellent job.

From mobile

Back