• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S -The Mega Thread

Re: The 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S

The Givi set up though is an ugly $1400 or so for the painted top adn side bags - EEEEK!!

Personally, I would avoid the color matched painted bags. Think if them as luggage. Luggage always gets banged around no matter how careful you try to be. You'll catch the edge of a door frame or the corner of a wall. You'll set them down on the ground. And so it goes... The matte black on the other hand can take a LOT of abuse and don't really show it at all. Even if they do get scratched, you can usually rub it out or give it a light touch with sandpaper and it looks good as new. I put a LOT of miles on such bags on my VFR's (around 100K) and they still looked great when I sold them. Best of all, they are quite a bit cheaper than the painted stuff!

Where's the vid or pics of your horn installation? Desparte minds want to know.
I installed under the left-side fairing this weekend. There is an open bolt hole in the frame that takes a 10mm bolt. I was methodical (and slow) and the install went pretty easily. I have a lot of pics and detailed notes on the procedure.

My only problem is the horn isn't loud - I either have a bad electrical connection or a defective horn. Am working on that part (I have a thread going in User Reviews | Mods.).

I'll try to get pics up and posted soon. Maybe a few pics to give you the idea on location and I can prepare a more detailed writeup later.

Patience, young Grasshopper...:zen:

Well it seems the B1250 is THE bike to have these days! I'm so yesterday with my VFR and ST1300 :lol2:

But the Bandit is so reasonably priced you could afford to add one to your bike stable.:eat:

But the Bandit is so reasonably priced you could afford to add one to your bike stable.:eat:
I can't afford to add anything to my stable right now :(

I suspect my next purchase will be a DS bike :flip:

:tab So I am curious... Are all you Bandit guys from outside of Texas finding TWT simply via Google? I would not have expected TWT to rank that high on a Bandit 1250 search :scratch: :shrug: How did you find us?

Yep, Google.

Search for "bandit 1250s", in quotations just like that.

It's at the bottom of the page. I actually ran across it too when I was researching...

trey

:tab So I am curious... Are all you Bandit guys from outside of Texas finding TWT simply via Google? I would not have expected TWT to rank that high on a Bandit 1250 search :scratch: :shrug: How did you find us?

:trust: I know....I know.....It's by word of mouth :scott: of all the TWTers :rider: riding outside of Texas. :rofl: :thumb:

searching google for "bandit 1250s" did turn up this thread as the last link on the first page.

Yep - me too - Google. I found BanditAlley there as well. Being a new owner, I was looking for others experiences, share mine, and get tips on stuff to spend my money on.

Phil

Hey guys and yes me to google got me here too.
So anyone else getting to lower fairing for there bike?
how about bar ends to fix the vib problem with the hands?
or the tailler windscreen?
My best friend just got the bmw 1200 touring bike for 21k and i cant wait to blow by him on my 8k bike lol but the reviews say it will be close lol

My best friend just got the bmw 1200 touring bike for 21k and i cant wait to blow by him on my 8k bike lol but the reviews say it will be close lol
It may not be that close, especially if you take him into the twisties.

BTW, I'm not having vibration issues with the new 1250. It's smooth all of the way up the power band.:rider:

Hi my hands get num after about 45 mins of riding. anyone else have that problem or is it just me??:eek2: i can feel some vib in the bars. thats why i got new bar ends coming to fix that problem:rider:

My hands used to go num on my '03 @ 4K. I would :uhoh: increase to 4.5K or 5K to cure the problem. :rofl: I don't have that problem with the '07.:clap: :rider:

Happy,

:tab Are you putting weight on your wrists? I used to have that kind of issue on my VFR's. However, adjusting the controls to keep my wrists basically straight helped a lot. Also, learning to use my lower back and abs to support myself helped take some weight off the wrists. Now if I could just steal some knees from some 16 year old that doesn't need them... :doh:

...learning to use my lower back and abs to support myself helped take some weight off the wrists.
That's the key. Depending on how far back in the saddle you sit you can find yourself in a bit of a forward lean.
By straightening your lower back (think pushing your stomach out) rather than rounding your lower back (think slouching forward) you'll keep the pressure off of your hands and wrists. This position is also better for shock absorption because you're legs/abdominals will take the shock instead of your lower back.

You may want to check this post: http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/index.php/topic,59213.0.html
Dale Walker of Holeshot Performance received his new Bandit 1250 with loose steering head bearings.

The other issue could simply be gripping the bars to tight. This is actually pretty common. I had to train myself to keep a relaxed grip on the bars. Even now, after nearly 200K miles of riding, I occasionally have to remind myself to relax my grip. Anyone that thinks the B1250 might be buzzy in the bars needs to come ride my KLR :lol2:

You may want to check this post: http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/index.php/topic,59213.0.html
Dale Walker of Holeshot Performance received his new Bandit 1250 with loose steering head bearings.

For those who aren't members over there here is the post - my apologies for posting from other boards if that's a problem.

Check steering head bearings !
« on: May 08, 2007, 09:56:11 PM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hy guys

I just wanted to give you a heads up about my bike just in case this becomes a norm. After about 300 miles i noticed a very minor clunk when i would hit a small bump in the road. Well it got real bad all at once now at 400 and sounded like the front end was about to fall off.

Suzuki did not tighten the head bearings near the proper torque and the adjustment nut backed way off, i mean finger loose. If you here any noise at all take your bike to the dealer and have then check it and properly do the job.

You can check yours by putting the bike up on the center stand. Put one foot on the center stand push bar and your right hand on the rear grab rail. Rock the bike so the front wheel and tire bobs on and off the ground. If you hear any clunk clunk clunk at all they have backed off like mine.

If you ride it like this it can flat spot the bearings so go have it fixed at the dealer

The proper way to do this is to remove the top triple clamp , then jack the front wheel off the ground a bit. They then tighten the adjustment nut with a special socket.......NOT A PUNCH! . Then you check the tension with a factory Suzuki tension gauge in grams. This is just a hi cost fish scale basically. The tension is 350 to 500 grams of pull. This is done with the bars straight , then by pulling straight forward on the bar end near the grip.

My buddy Richard at Cycle Imports has these tools so i did this myself last night.

They also need to check the tension one more time when the chrome nut is torqued on the top triple clamp. It pulls up the lower bearing slightly and maked it have to much tension.

It took me 3 times to get mine at 480 grams of tension which is perfect

Mine may be a isolated deal, but maybe not ? Many could have this glitch but time Will tell

Sharing info is all , so go check your bikes and let me know

Ride safe

Dale

I have not even maybe the first payment on my Bandit 1250s and I have put 1300 miles on it I LOVE THIS BIKE!
I added a GIVI trunk so I know that the wife is still on the back of the bike :)

Welcome to the site Rev :wave:

Hello Rev:

Welcome....I am new as well. I am at 500 miles and all is going well.

What GIVI trunk did you add? You have the sidebags as well? Any photos?

Phil

Here are the pics I used SW motech Racks and a givi 46 monokey trunk, the 46 liter trunk fits two full face helmets;

Attachments

• S8000196.JPG
    S8000196.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 281
  • S8000198.JPG
    S8000198.JPG
    193.7 KB · Views: 314
  • S8000197.JPG
    S8000197.JPG
    186.3 KB · Views: 302
  • S8000195.JPG
    S8000195.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 330
Last edited by a moderator:

Outstanding!!:clap:

That's a big trunk. It'll be interesting to get your views on rideability with it loaded up. I was looking at the E35 smaller trunk and E36 bags but may simply go with the V46 trunk all by its self.

See ya - Phil

Back