• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin - Nearest 1/4 mile dragstrip?

Reaction score
I need to start working on my launch skills and would like to find the nearest 1/8 or 1/4 mile dragstrip. I'm in Round Rock, north of Austin. Any suggestions?

Nice shady pecan trees and plenty of seating. Good pick GG. We need to take Mason and my son there this spring/summer for some racing. KP

Agreed, we've got some TWTers that run there some, but I don't know their avatars/forum names......:sun:

We will set a day for the meet-up next year brother. Been awhile since I have been,so it will be fun.

Finally heard back:

We have open Test-n-tune on every Friday beginning on January 31st. Right now we are having open test-n-tune on Sunday afternoons from 1pm-5pm. Gates open at 12 noon. We run Motorcycles here 1/8th mile only. Anyone is allowed to run during our test-n-tune sessions as long as you have proper gear for a motorcycle (Helmet, gloves, pants, jacket, above the ankle boots/shoes). Any questions feel free to give me a call. Thanks!

He didn't answer my direct question about Saturday.
So, I guess there are no Saturdays.

Saturday is a race day, starts in March. No Saturday dates until then. Traditional as a cold track offers very little traction.

I made it out to Little River and had a good time!
Lots of nice folks.
I got to run several times an hour.
Will definitely go back again.

Definitely bummed though, that it's 1/8 for bikes and not 1/4 like the cars get to do.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Back