• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Photo Assignment #185 - Portraits (Entry) Due 4-24-2017

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
Submit your ENTRY here to be considered for Assignment #185 Portraits

Please do not comment in this thread until a winner has been selected. Comments may be deleted without warning.

Specifics for this assignment:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment.

3 All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between now and midnight/2400, April 24, 2017.

_MG_2970-1.jpg

_72_1161-Edit-X3.jpg

Last edited:
The hardest part of winning these assignments is picking the next winner. The second hardest is coming up with an idea for the next round.

Great entries this time. I liked them all.

achesley - Creative pose with the head to head and lying down. Exposure, contrast and focus were right on. And they looked like they were enjoying themselves and each other. Casual and comfortable fee. I wish maybe that she was looking towards him, but that is a minor thing. very good

deco - The eyes on your granddaughter really popped. I keep looking at it and wishing both sets of eyes were in focus though. Everything else was good though. I get a close and serious feel from this one. If the intent was just to have her in focus then you nailed it.

klb1122 - I love the attitude she's showing. Wide angle lens? Definitely wide open/low f-stop with that depth of field. The center of her face is in focus and it drops away from there. The hands on the hips just complete the pose.

I like all the pictures. But I'm going to go with klb1122. Kory, you nailed the emotion/feeling side of the assignment. The depth of field highlighted the attitude your subject (daughter?) was showing. Was she just hamming it up? or expressing her thoughts on being in another picture? :rofl:

Wow. I'm glad I was not you and had to pick. Great entries! The expressions are fantastic.

I wish I would have had time to stop down a bit to get the focus. I had a chance to get a shot of my wife so I took it while I could. Her hand was in front of the camera within milliseconds after I hit the shutter.

This was a good assignment; it forced me to actually do a little facial editing in Photoshop (had to remove some easter bunny chocolate).

Goods job guys.

Last edited:
I wish I would have had time to stop down a bit to get the focus. I had a chance to get a shot of my wife so I took it while I could. Her hand was in front of the camera within milliseconds after I hit the shutter.
I could tell this looked like a once in a moment shot. But here I was thinking the limiting factor was getting a little girl to sit still, never would have imagined it the other way. :rofl:

Love the shots, good stuff from everyone. I like how each one has a completely different feel/emotion. Would have been tough to choose.

My granddaughter is no problem. She loves to have her picture taken until she decides to come over and push the buttons on the camera.

My wife on the other hand; is harder to get a picture of than snow leopard. After all these years, I think I might have a dozen.

I was doing a shoot for my GDaughter needing pics for upcoming grad from college. Her and her brother were cutting up and I told them Eyes to my Right was the reason for the eyes. Pretty much as I shot them with no cropping and little tweaking in LR6. Heck, had about 70 pics to go though and send to her. ;=)

The hardest part of winning these assignments is picking the next winner. The second hardest is coming up with an idea for the next round.

It's the other way around for me. :doh: Thanks for the nod, I'll try to come up with something tomorrow.

Deco, the eyes on your granddaughter are something else! She's adorable!

Yes, this was my youngest daughter. That's her mean face. She cracks me up! As for the lens, I just bought my brother's Nikon 58mm f/1.4. This was one of my first shots with it, wide open of course. :trust:

My wife on the other hand; is harder to get a picture of than snow leopard. After all these years, I think I might have a dozen.

She's very photogenic and should not shy away from the camera.

Thanks all. She is adorable. She likes being in front and behind the camera. She knows where the shutter is and like to trip it when it's on 10fps :lol2:

Back