• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bandit 650/1250 Fork Braces? - Holeshot vs. Superbrace vs. JustBandits

cWj

Reaction score
First Name
mynameisnotslimshady
Does anybody have experience with two or three of the available braces for the B650/1250?

There are the obvious difference in available finishes. The Holeshot and JustBandits are more similar in design compared to the seemingly simpler, curvier Superbrace.

The cost of each after figuring for the price of shipping (JustBandits comes from the UK) are all around $180 (unless you want the black Superbrace: +$30).

If anybody has tried more than one or had a specific reason for choosing one over another, why?

(this q was posted on another forum, apologies if you are seeing it twice)

I tried to buy this one (superbrace) and they jerked me around for a month to tell me it wasn't made any more. Then had to fight to get a refund.

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com...for_Suzuki_Standard_St_p/sb-suzuki-street.htm

Then got a Coerce brace from these guys (http://www.maxmcdirect.com/) and LOVE IT. Modified my fender so I could keep the front end lowered without it hitting the triples and also kept the stock fork guards. Dale said the fork guards aren't necessary and I immediately looked elsewhere for even suggesting it.

Attachments

• P1130792.JPG
    P1130792.JPG
    155.6 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:
When I mounted it I tried not to thing about it, but couldn't help it, it felt more solid leaded over, like people talk about.

Then I rode my other bikes for a couple of months and took the Bandit out for the first real of the season last week and kept telling myself how well the thing handles and later that remembered I bought that brace.

Hm.

My one big concern is that it wasn't designed specifically for that bike. I've heard others say that it could cause binding. I emailed Max MC and they said they'd never heard of that problem with it (well...FWtW).

I'm definitely thinking about it. It would be cool to have an aftermarket part that's actually from Japan in the bike :rider: . I just wish I could find a picture of a Bandit with the silver version.

Thanks a lot for the response :thumb:

I would get what ever fork brace is available. I own HS one and it is good brace. My solution for guards is better then OEM

Attachments

• DSC_0315.jpg
    DSC_0315.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 520
When I mounted it I tried not to thing about it, but couldn't help it, it felt more solid leaded over, like people talk about.

Then I rode my other bikes for a couple of months and took the Bandit out for the first real of the season last week and kept telling myself how well the thing handles and later that remembered I bought that brace.

Had you done any other suspension mods before the brace?

I put on the Coerce and a windscreen extension. I can't tell if my corner bravery is from the brace or being to higher speeds without swallowing a hummingbird's worth of gnats.

It almost feels too lively..? Not quite steady and confidence inspiring like I remember with my old GS500.

I'm wondering if it might be time for wider bars.

Last edited:
Back