• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2016 MexTrek Galeana #5, Oct 19th - 23rd 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you pit me on the intrested list please?

I will have to see about getting the time off from school; dependant on instructor and course load during that time.

I updated the attendance list just now. 3 riders, Michael, Thomas, Paul...please help me fill in the blanks. We now have to 25 riders confirmed and paid and 20 or so more that are pending.

Guidebooks will be sent out just after Sept 1. All riders registered by that date will have guides mailed in this first batch. A second batch for those who sign up in September will go out around Oct 1. All registered after Oct 1 will get guides on site in McAllen.

Last edited:
Looks like we have a trailer load of bikes coming from NC! Four of us now committed to the the cause. Leaving NC on Monday the 17th and crossing the border with the group on Thursday the 20th. Gonna stay a week in Galeana before turning for home on Thursday the 27th. Been a long time since my last Mextrek in 2008 and I am stoked to get back. If we get into Mission early enough we may get our paperwork out of the way and ride over to the Los Evans ferry crossing.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Looks like we have a trailer load of bikes coming from NC! Four of us now committed to the the cause. Leaving NC on Monday the 17th and crossing the border with the group on Thursday the 20th. Gonna stay a week in Galeana before turning for home on Thursday the 27th. Been a long time since my last Mextrek in 2008 and I am stoked to get back. If we get into Mission early enough we may get our paperwork out of the way and ride over to the Los Ebanos ferry crossing.

Peter,

Put me down as a strong maybe. The only thing keeping me from committing right now is a darn Wednesday night class. I'll have to see next week once I meet the students and the new dean... it depends on them if I can move the class or cancel it or something so I can meet ya'll in McAllen on Wednesday night for the border crossing Thursday morning. I should know for sure in a couple of weeks. If I can make it I'll also stay for the extra day in Monterrey / Hidalgo area.

I read somewhere that all bikes want to go to Mexico... :rider: So does my Wee... it's been so close so many times... :mrgreen:(in Big Bend:)

Evgeniy Gentchev
Dallas, TX

Peter,

Put me down as a strong maybe. The only thing keeping me from committing right now is a darn Wednesday night class. I'll have to see next week once I meet the students and the new dean... it depends on them if I can move the class or cancel it or something so I can meet ya'll in McAllen on Wednesday night for the border crossing Thursday morning. I should know for sure in a couple of weeks. If I can make it I'll also stay for the extra day in Monterrey / Hidalgo area.

I read somewhere that all bikes want to go to Mexico... :rider: So does my Wee... it's been so close so many times... :mrgreen:(in Big Bend:)

Evgeniy Gentchev
Dallas, TX

I can designate a companion with experience to help you cross the border in McAllen early in the morning on Thursday. I will be sure they have experience with the border crossing. Assuming you can make the drive from Dallas after class, safely, everything should be ok. If not, crossing the border Friday with an alternate group may be an option. Last time we went we had 3 or 4 people come a day late I believe. If you do come down a day late, you can plan to stay an extra day with us in Monterey and ride back with us Monday and you would still have a nice length trip.

Last edited:
I'm still trying to work this trip into the schedule. Would really like to get the AT out there.

I will be there with my AT as well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm still trying to work this trip into the schedule. Would really like to get the AT out there.
nice, i like ur new stallion, ive sat on a red one in brownsville and in georgetown and a gray one also in georgetown with a auto trans n all i can do is dream, again they nice

29 Riders as of Aug 22th!!!!! Next update late August.

Confirmed (Paypal / Check Payment Received) and sorted by Area (for planning):

1. Shadman - Peter Shaddock - Phoenix / Houston
2. Foxrider - Everett Fox - Katy
3. Robert Krugman - Beemin - Dickinson
4. Mr. Applecastle - Travis West - Houston
5. JcatDRZ - Justin Catrett - Santa Fe
6. Magus - David Hicks - Katy
7. DoubleDoc (Doc) - Paul Normand - Houston
8. Jae - Jae Burris - Katy
9. Joeybaila - Joey Gutierrez - Houston
10. Bluepine - Mark Shim - Houston / Seoul / Buenos Aires

11. JT - John Thompson - Austin
12. Dao - Dao Hoang - Austin
13. Fang - Steven Michaelis - Georgetown
14. Tumbleweed - Ken Musgrove - Georgetown
15. KubotaMikeTX - Michael Morisoli - Austin
16. ThomasM - Thomas Mangold - Austin

17. Randypower - Randy Power - San Antonio
18. Tricepilot - Bob Lindner - Cibolo
19. Tailwind - Dave Johnson - 210
20. Mrs. Tailwind - Becky Johnson - 210
21. IvanFZ1 - Ivan Santiago - Live Oak
22. Subcomm - Mark Winer - San Marcos

23. Kennyanc - Kenny Arrowood - North Carolina
24. Aarrff - Ed - North Carolina
25. BUGSMAK - Alan Bowen - North Carolina G650X
26. Willashe - Will Knight - North Carolina

27. Shovel - Andre Niewenhuis - Richland Hills (Dallas)
28. Crew Chief - Mike Brewster - Rendon (Ft. W)

29. JDM - Trey Morris - East Texas

Interested, unpaid:

3. Ssimplify
4. Phillipbarrett
7. Dmux
9. Midlifecrisis
11. Webnel
12. Texas Patrick
13. JRementeria
14. CRChristo
15. BenT
16. RandyGarner
17. Kayakkawakid
18. JSChettler
19. Eugene TX
20. Mrchips0401
21. Blk1989
22. F Ride
23. Mondo

Weather Question: I noticed the temperatures for mid october is going to be 85 high / 65 low. How hot was it last go around in mexico and up in elevation in the mountains? How technical was the offroad stuff? Trying to discern what gear is best. thanks!

How ridiculous would it be to do this ride on a 1200GS? Both security-wise, and road-wise?

Weather Question: I noticed the temperatures for mid october is going to be 85 high / 65 low. How hot was it last go around in mexico and up in elevation in the mountains? How technical was the offroad stuff? Trying to discern what gear is best. thanks!
Weather is best in april n oct n cooler up top just use a another shirt if get cold but probably wont n mostly class 2- abit class 3 n in ur 250 no worries even if u gear for da hwy riding which is best so u can ride paved faster offroad no worries

Weather is best in april n oct n cooler up top just use a another shirt if get cold but probably wont n mostly class 2- abit class 3 n in ur 250 no worries even if u gear for da hwy riding which is best so u can ride paved faster offroad no worries

How ridiculous would it be to do this ride on a 1200GS? Both security-wise, and road-wise?
1200 is great no worries u just will do more paved n class 1 roads n security is same with whatever bike u use

I sent my payment this morning. Could someone direct me to the registration page? I did not see a link. Thanks.

I can designate a companion with experience to help you cross the border in McAllen early in the morning on Thursday. I will be sure they have experience with the border crossing. Assuming you can make the drive from Dallas after class, safely, everything should be ok. If not, crossing the border Friday with an alternate group may be an option. Last time we went we had 3 or 4 people come a day late I believe. If you do come down a day late, you can plan to stay an extra day with us in Monterey and ride back with us Monday and you would still have a nice length trip.

Thanks for the options! My preference would be to figure a way to free myself from Wednesday obligations and ride to McAllen on Wednesday and be there to take care of paperwork in the evening with everyone else. Dallas - McAllen is 500 miles so I'd rather ride it during the day. Alternatively crossing on Friday if there's a second group might be the next best thing, I think... :scratch:

Curious to see a listing of the current bikes making the trek. I have a R1200GS-Adv and curious if any others are going on the large dual-sport bikes. My goat is still healing from COBDR a couple weeks ago...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back