• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

F650 Chain Gang Jailbreak in the Clouds 2012

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Jena & I were fortunate to continue our tradition of attending the Jailbreak in the Clouds rally on September 21-23 hosted by the Chain Gang group of enthusiasts of the BMW F/G650 singles at the Queen Wilhelmina State Park near Mena, Arkansas. The weather was good and Jena mostly enjoyed her first camping experience. Here are some pics from the journey:

The famous Boggy Creek Monster in Fouke, AR:
get-photo.asp

A clever roadside tractor near Center Point, AR:
get-photo.asp

get-photo.asp

Mrs. SwampFox crossing the bridge over Two Mile Creek on Polk County Road 37 near Hatfield, AR:
get-photo.asp

Sunset on Friday after setting up camp -- fellow sidecarist Carney's rig can be seen to the right:
get-photo.asp

We stopped at the Kiamichi Valley overlook after spotting a black bear -- likely one of Tommy's rescue/rehab'd bears from the local Arkansas Native Plant & Wildlife Center ( http://www.tommyyoungwildliferehabcenter.com/ - which we visited Saturday afternoon):
get-photo.asp

We took a break for refreshments at the Hateful Hussy Diner in downtown Talihina, OK:
get-photo.asp

get-photo.asp

I suspect Jena may one of the few lady sidecarists that has driven her rig on the Indian Highway to Hanobia, OK, after which we looped around the the Three Sticks Monument (representing Land, Food & Water):
get-photo.asp

A cold front was passing thru the area on Sunday morning with a wind chill in the 40's as we were breaking camp. Here's Corkie hunkered down in his sidecar wearing his cold weather gear:
get-photo.asp

On the return home we stopped for a break at the park on the east end of Caddo Lake near Oil City, LA:
get-photo.asp

And spotted this classic abandoned gas station in Mooringsport, LA:
get-photo.asp

The Jailbreak is a very nice small rally at a wonderful location with great street, dirt/gravel and off-road riding in the area. We're already planning to attend next year's rally about the 3rd weekend in September 2013.

Thanks for sharing! You had me at "wind chill in the 40's"....and I love that area of our country! :sun:

Nice! Where did you camp ? It doesn't look like the area where I camped a few years back (close to park building and restaurant ) .

Nice! Where did you camp ? It doesn't look like the area where I camped a few years back (close to park building and restaurant ) .

Vinny, we camped towards the west end of the campground. The photo of the last of the "rally" tents was taken looking west from kinda behind the bathhouse.

I miss that Rally. Always a lot of fun. I remember one night when we almost got blown off the ridge line due to a major front coming though. I had my KLR tied to a tree. LOL. Loaded it up with wet camping gear when the weather slacked off at 4AM Sunday morning and it still took near 2 hours to make it to Mena. Sheesh! What a storm.

Back