• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Garage

I'm on their low cost plan that just knocks out the advertising. Been there for many years. Sometimes on weekends they are terrible for uploading at times. I have thousands of pics already with them. Really need to get another solid state usb drive and download them all just incase I need to go else where with them.

Good luck with download. Tried 3 times, always locked up.

Larry

I just downloaded a pic off of one of my albums to check it out. No problem and very fast. But, I did a check and every pic I have with them I have stored on other solid state drives also. So really, they could cease to exsist and I would not lose any.
I just use them to share with people.

I see your problem now.

Not enough garage/shop. Time for an addition/separate building.

Just trying to be helpful.;-)

Larry

LOL Larry, I'm out of room for any other buildings.

home%20view%20Dec.%2010%2021.02.jpg

But, I did change out the rear tire on the Bandit and started a batch of Lemon Wine. The Bandit is still on the lift so I'll take a pic of it tomorrow. ;-)

I've got 1600 Sq. Feet on 2 floors. Little rat-trails allow me to move through it during projects. Mostly, it's the 25-foot-long stack of new roof steel I need to move out of the 2-story bay.
Beer and barbecue in return for help hoisting it?

Did get my rear tire changed out and balanced on Suzy Da Bandit a few days ago.
Went with a Continental this time just to try it. Being as I can't do LD stuff anymore where at times I was putting 6 to 8K miles a trip and can play more with tire choices.
tire%20change%203%20Suzy.jpg

Then , put Suzy back at the Ready and the lift out of the way.
suzy%20back%20in%20service.jpg

After shutting down the shop, went to the garage next door to check on wine and Da Vette and Da KLR.
Vette and KLR doing just fine. I was out in the Vette this afternoon so it's all good.
KLR%20and%20Vette.jpg

Then checking progress on the Lemon Wine I started a couple days ago. Slow going due to low temperatures the last few days but percolating slowly as the yeast is having fun with the sugar content.
Lemon%20Wine.jpg

And, that's it for the day

Front tires for Da Car came in yesterday so we treated it with getting them installed. But first it had the duty for the morning walk about.
12%2015%2017%20vette.jpg

And then to Walmart to pick up tires , to the garage to jack up and take fronts off and to a friends tire shop to install and balance these
ScreenHunter_823%20Dec.%2016%2003.45.jpg

Now, for the weather to behave so I can go check them out.

Was glad I got to roam about town a bit in the car this morning. Wuz gonna go cruisin the back roads for some pictures but here come the rains. So car back in the garage to wipe down and the bikes got it also.
Then just smile at the rain outside.
IMG_1107-1-2.jpg

Well, it dried off enough for me to want to get the Vette out for a ride about.
28%20Dec%201.jpg

With the outside temp at 39°F , I was wanting to see how good the heater works on Auto.
So down the back roads we went at a leisurely pace.
DSCN0066.jpg

And, watching the farm life scenery drift by
28%20dec%202.jpg

28%20dec%203.jpg

About 50 mile round trip and did find out the floor vents for head did not work so equaled cold feet. But on cruise control and drawning them back to the seat helped much. Some else to work on when my world warms up enough to have the want to's.

Last edited:
Oh , pics taken with the little Nikon Coolpix I keep in the car. The truck keeps the Minolta Dimage Z6 and the bike tank bag keeps the Canon G16.

That lemon wine ready yet? Looks good

Been really slow due to the cold weather. Yeast are not very active. But put a trouble light on the side of it yesterday and it's doing better. Probably gonna be a few more weeks before I check it.

Last edited:
Checking the garage and shop this afternoon and came across this hose art. LOL! The water was off but the freezing push water out of the hose as it froze. My 1st and only picture in 2018. LOL. And the Canon G16 was the weapon of choice due to it will fit in my jacket pocket.
01%2001%202018.jpg

Last edited:
Been slow on the picture taking but still pretty active even with the weather.
Did have a few days of just cruisin' down the roads less traveled and checking out life in general
IMG_1134-1.jpg

Did make and bottle a batch of Dew berry wine. Had to do something with the berries in the freezer. ;-)
2018%20Dew%20Berry%20Wine.jpg

Did do some work on the Vette in the past few days. Changing the idler pulley and tensioner for the a/c. Last week it did warm up to 70F and I put the ac on while out and about and no cold air. Oh well and when getting home left the engine running and open the hood for a look see. The compressor was not turning, it didn't have a belt on it. Yikes. So fixed that to the tune of about 140 bucks and about 4 hours labor. And all works now. LOL.
Vette%20job%20fin.jpg

Lemon%20Wine.jpg

And yes, the Lemon wine is done , bottled and tasted tested by me and some friends. Very good batch.

Last edited:
I really like the image of you looking over the top of the engine. The garage items blends together really well with your face in the middle giving the image balance.

RB

In my detached garage/shop:
TW200
VSTROM 650
GS1000
MazdaSpeed3
Cub Cadet XT1 Mower

I could fit another bike for sure but would have to remove bikes or whatnot from the garage to be able to work on anything. Right now I have a Comfortable amount of space to work in while everything is undercover.

29f3e63270b42caf4089adc754d963a5.jpg

In my wife's garage which is part of the house:
Honda Pilot
Beer Fridge
Deep Freeze
and TOns of dog and horse stuff.

Last edited:
Yes, my garage is a separate building from my shop also . It's used to be my only building in the back and I've had up to 4 bikes stashed in there, having to roll all out to work on one. Now, just keep one of the bikes in there at times, but usually both bikes and the Vette in the garage and the truck sleeps outside under the shed.
suzy%20back%20in%20service.jpg

The white mark on the rear tyre is a piece of the sticker on new tyres. Had just change the tire on the Bandit and no roll time yet.

Last edited:
3 Yamahas, 3 bikes, 1600 Sq Ft on 2 floors, 3 band saw, table saw, drill press, and walls lined with cabinets full of power tools, parts, hand tools, welders, torches, 3 Windjammers that can't find homes.
Scott's seen it up close. Nothing but rat trails through it when I finish a project.
But the wooden ski boat finally found the decendents of the O-riginal builder in Maine, so it headed home last fall!

3 Yamahas, 3 bikes, 1600 Sq Ft on 2 floors, 3 band saw, table saw, drill press, and walls lined with cabinets full of power tools, parts, hand tools, welders, torches, 3 Windjammers that can't find homes.
Scott's seen it up close. Nothing but rat trails through it when I finish a project.
But the wooden ski boat finally found the decendents of the O-riginal builder in Maine, so it headed home last fall!

I don't know why I hadn't thought of this earlier.... Can I use your shed for a photoshoot? Man that building has a lot of character and STUFF!

Well, a few more projects started yesterday and near finished today.
First was getting a tool chest on rollers on sale from Harbor Freight and assembling it. Instructions not that great but finally got it together and in place.

Main reason for this was to keep more tools in the garage so I didn't have to walk back and forth to the shop.

IMG_1204-1_1.jpg

IMG_1206-1.jpg

IMG_1207-1.jpg

Then, getting the Corvette up and serviceable was the next concern. I had though about a small 2 post lift and to get something portable and low lift since my garage is only 10 ft high, I changed my mind after seeing some vids on the Quick Jack system. So , bought one of them and 2 boxed came in 2 days ago and the 3rd box yesterday.
After completing the tool chest project this morning I tackled that project. Promise it was much much easier than the tool box project.
IMG_1209-1.jpg

IMG_1210-1.jpg

IMG_1211-1.jpg

So now, need to go to the store and get 3 qts of hyd fluid to complete and test.

Just curious what the lift height and capacity is on that quick jack system, and how much did it set you back overall?

I went with the 3500 system as it was all I needed. 1125 bucks to my door. Here's the web site on them with all the dimensions.

Back