• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 6:30 PM

Pre Friday quiz.

What's wrong with this picture?

8afe6b6c4e41f32c647dfcdbdf1f6b53.jpg
Oh ..wait... It sez Big Creek on that raft....
They musta got alotta rain down by Marlin

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

You guys were close but didn't get the right answer.

Based on your answers to the first question, what is wrong with this picture?

a54b3237e8f8d4c3c7f63329f601c39e.jpg

You guys were close but didn't get the right answer.

Based on your answers to the first question, what is wrong with this picture?

a54b3237e8f8d4c3c7f63329f601c39e.jpg

The kid being pulled back into the raft has done a good job of keeping hold of his paddle, but the guy at the rear of the raft, in the blue helmet (Ed?), is just pretending he still has the tiller. Who knows why he is wearing a coat. The rest of the paddlers are unaware of this loss in vector control.

The craft is rudderless and this trip is sure to end up badly. Exciting, but badly.

I missed this yeterday, but what's wrong?

Um, I can't tell if the person on the second row pushed the on in the water in of if the person in front is thinking of whinging the oar at the on in the water.

Pre Friday quiz.

What's wrong with this picture?

8afe6b6c4e41f32c647dfcdbdf1f6b53.jpg

The kid being pulled back into the raft has done a good job of keeping hold of his paddle, but the guy at the rear of the raft, in the blue helmet (Ed?), is just pretending he still has the tiller. Who knows why he is wearing a coat. The rest of the paddlers are unaware of this loss in vector control.

The craft is rudderless and this trip is sure to end up badly. Exciting, but badly.

LOL,

The "kid" is Leon, who turned 50 this year.

Ed (in the blue helmet) is the guide and is likely wearing the long sleeve garment to protect him from the sun as he's out in it 6 days a week, probably 10 hours a day.

This type of raft doesn't use a tiller. Instead, each of the passengers is issued an paddle. Ed sits in the back and uses his paddle as a tiller to provide the control while the passengers provide any forward thrust needed. He's currently not paddling/steering now because Leon is assuring him there are no rocks or logs ahead :rofl:. Actually, if you lose a passenger during a rapids, you generally pick them up after those rapids and before the next set.

I'm sure the trip ended fine. Ed's been guiding there for the summer and has probably been down that same section of river 50 times already this summer.

And its Friday!!!

I turn 52 this year.
I think Jeff did push me.
There was a rock ahead but it was on the bottom.

Last edited:
House guest then Nebraska = Grumpy

Edit: I absolutely agree that Jeff pushed him

So for those of you that had an answer but didn't post up:

Either of these would have been acceptable answers:

1. The photos were photoshopped because Ed29 has never dumped a passenger out of a raft.

2. ED29 was off his game for the first time ever and dumped his first passenger out of a raft.

Last edited:
So for those of you that had an answer but didn't post up:

Either of these would have been acceptable answers:

1. The photos were photoshopped because Ed29 has never dumped a passenger out of a raft.

2. ED29 was off his game for the first time ever and dumped his first passenger out of a raft.

Ed didn’t dump him, Jeff pushed him. There is a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moment of impact with the water. I think Leon might have had his feet knocked out of their locked in mode on the first good hit. The second good hit had him teetering long enough to get the photographer's attention back on my boat. Splashdown to rescue was probably about three seconds. Although Leon might tell us that he was in the water a LOT longer than three seconds.

My paddle was stowed by the time he hit the water so I could pull him back in by the PFD lapels. My Facebook page has a five shot sequence of us blasting the first hole. In shot number four someone is riding higher than everyone else in the boat. It happens, not every trip, but it happens. Leon is the second guest to get bounced out of my boat this summer. He is actually the third person to swim from my boat.... In my second week I got popped out in a class four rapid appropriately named Lost Guide. I got flushed through a hydraulic and came up far enough from my boat that I couldn't reach it before the next rapid, so I swam that one too. And no, they didn't name the rapid after my swim. It's had that name for a while.

Back