• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: October meet @ greet @ eat with a Ride on the Side.

Howdy folks :wave:
Just got to Austin and would love to join this Sunday but lacking wheels at the moment. If anyone else is planning to drive from Austin, let me know if I can tag along. Thanks.

Looking like I won't be able to make it. Hope the forecast improves for those of you attending.

No harm no foul if you drive if the weather looks to ruff for anyone. The Q has been good every time I have eaten there.:bbq: Well worth your time.

Looking like I won't be able to make it. Hope the forecast improves for those of you attending.

Looks like only 15% chance during the time we will be there so typical Texas weather during this time. Anyone can 4 wheel it over. You won't regret it,the Q as you see by others comments is finger lickin' good. ;-)

There's a decent chance I can make this one...

Got a last minute kitchen pass and was able to make it. Took the K1600 since it was lots of slab. Enjoyed the Q and the conversation. Thanks Drew for putting these together!

Let me add my thanks to Drew for putting this together. Had a good time with fellow TWTers. Perfect riding weather only enhanced the day.

Thanks Drew. Great BBQ and time visiting with other TWT'ns
Great Brisket, Beans and Banana Pudding.
Nice to meet you Aaron.
Total trip for me was 223 miles. Nice temperatures to ride in but the wind was rough at times.

2vhw0e8.jpg

2195rt0.jpg

xneqg8.jpg

1zwdtup.jpg

Your welcome guys. Had a great time visiting and the ride was fantastic. Perfect weather not too cold not too hot. 144 miles and all smiles. Had a small turn out maybe because of the forecast. No rain there or back for me,did not even drizzle:sun:. Was good to be able to spend more time visiting than normal. Everyone I heard enjoyed the food so that was good. You all missed some fine Q that were not able to join in.

Rode back from BBQ with Monte where the wind was buffeting some. I take a little wind over 100 degree temps all day every day. I had forgot how great the brisket is here. Glad I do not live closer or it would cost me a fortune. :deal:

Food was good and the riding better. Got 389 miles out of this meet and greet. Rode Willow City Loop and Park Road 4. Willow City Loop was rough on the first few miles and then I hit some spots with new gravel and tar. Smoothed out the ride, but a bit loose still. Park Road 4 was in really good shape. Always enjoy riding there. Thanks to Drew for setting this up. I'm looking forward to the next one.

In case you haven't been there. Look for the rusted truck.

23905736078_6004dfb537_z.jpg
[/url]old300bbq by txtinman, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back