• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Powder Coat Recommendation

Reaction score
First Name
Leif
I have a coworker that just bought a trailer grill/smoker and he wants to get it powder coated. This isn't the usual utility trailer turned smoker. It's a much more compact rig. He's been having a hard time getting reliable quotes from some of the business he's reached out to. He's in the Denton area. Do you have a business that you would recommend?

Thanks!!!

I had brazos powder coating do a couple of old metal lawn chairs for me. I was very happy with how they turned out.
far east end of granbury, 211 industrial ave.

I wanted to get my crash bars done a different color. Bud, I am guessing they could do that there as well. Can I use your name too?

i repainted with a brush coat of that urethane truck bed liner over my skid pan and it seems to be holding on well to the original existing powder coat (sticks well to your skin too) in order to change the color on an existing powder coat, wouldn't they have to blast off the original to change to a different color finish? my experience of brushing on over existing seems to be working well. i guess the trick would be to find the color you want in a urethane finish bed liner for a diy . just fyi. :shrug: Its gonna look great either way :thumb:

I wanted to get my crash bars done a different color. Bud, I am guessing they could do that there as well. Can I use your name too?

Indeed feel free for any TWT member to use my name at our office. I am one of the older employees at the company but also considered the companys loose cannon so depending on what I have laid on the shop for commitments some days my word is better than others

A plus is to always bring a 6 pack to Remy as an offering to the gods:trust:

That usually erases my sins with our Job shop

i repainted with a brush coat of that urethane truck bed liner over my skid pan and it seems to be holding on well to the original existing powder coat (sticks well to your skin too) in order to change the color on an existing powder coat, wouldn't they have to blast off the original to change to a different color finish? my experience of brushing on over existing seems to be working well. i guess the trick would be to find the color you want in a urethane finish bed liner for a diy . just fyi. :shrug: Its gonna look great either way :thumb:

Yes, we would blast to bare steel or aluminum to get a proper profile for the powder to adhere to.

Back