• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New From Houston & Buenos Aires

Steep

Reaction score
Howdy,

Wife and I are from Houston and currently expats living in Bs As. (Wife is in the oil bidness). I ride motos...........

We stored our Harleys at Uncle Bob's in Houston, loaded up and headed wayyyyy south. Now riding Honda Transalps and recently rode to San Carlos de Bariloche in the Patagonian Andes. It was spectacular.

I'm no photographer, but some of these shots still amaze me. Take a look.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mattandmarypics/sets/72157600051579882/

Steep

WOW! Those shots are fantastic!

...and :welcome: to our corner of the web!

Welcome to the site! Those shots certainly make me look forward to hearing from you more often ;-)

Are the pants you guys have on the Cycleport Kevlar stuff? If so, what is your take on them?

Welcome to the site! Those shots certainly make me look forward to hearing from you more often ;-)

Are the pants you guys have on the Cycleport Kevlar stuff? If so, what is your take on them?

Will be back in the Andes for another trip in two weeks, so stay tuned.

Yes they are. I think it is the best stuff out there. Both of us stayed dry in the rain on our last trip. This is the first armored stuff I have owned and it is a hassle because of the bulkiness, but once on the bike, quite comfortable.

I won't ride a dual-sport in South America without it, but it will be interesting to see if I saddle up on my Harley wearing it when we return to the states.

Having had the pleasure of sliding on my butt at 70mph, I will never ride without it ;-)

WOW!Great pics. Y'all really did that up right!

Lucky Dogs!:drool: If I ever made a trip like that, I wouldn't come home.:trust:

WOW!Great pics. Y'all really did that up right!

Lucky Dogs!:drool: If I ever made a trip like that, I wouldn't come home.:trust:

+1

Bariloche... :drool: ...nummers! Just the thing for a very wet and dreary, cold Seattle day.

<<Are the pants you guys have on the Cycleport Kevlar stuff? If so, what is your take on them?>>

Tourmeister - Steep responded, but I thought I would as well for the benefit of any women out there reading this post. Our pants and jackets are the Cycleport kevlar stuff. They're a great safety feature. However, although they DO make them for women, they're not very good at fitting women, in my opinion. Although I gave them sizes, the neck on my jacket (and jacket rain liner, more importantly) were sized to fit Steep and left a huge gap which would get me soaked in the event of rain. The legs on my pants and sleeves on my jacket were so tight I couldn't wear the armor in the pants until I had them altered. To Cycleport's credit they fixed it all (for a fee), but it was a real hassle for me becuase we live overseas and can't get stuff like that through postal customs. So I had to wait until I visited Houston to mail and receive the stuff.

Soooo....good stuff. But for women who are considering getting some, my advice would be to visit California to get them! They haven't figured out that women and men aren't shaped the same....

:welcome:, Curvy

Good to see another husband/wife or wife/husband team! :thumb:

Thanks for posting those pics, I enjoyed them. :sun:

...now i want a Transalp.:rider:

Back