• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who wears Icon gear?

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
What do you have? (I have a tarmac jacket...looking at a team merc) what do you like/dislike about it?

I am in the market for a new jacket and really like the icon stuff, so I am just looking for some general info on thier products...mostly jackets/pants, but also gloves/helmets.

I find that the ICON jackets run quite small. I wear a Joe Rocket XL-Tall, to get something similar in ICON I have to look for XXX-Fat. I have two of the Icon hi-vis vest, two set of Icon gloves, and the Icon Field Armor boots. My Brother-in-law wears almost exclusively Icon protective gear. I like the Icon styling, and their stuff is affordable. I tried like all get-out to get a merc jacket to fit, but it was too tight across the shoulders.

I've got a white ICON TiMax mesh jacket...

Wanted a hot weather jacket that provided a bit of protection.

Don't really know how much protection it will provide but
it has to be better than a tank top...

I get more compliments on the jacket than on the bike...

Attachments

• 56285.gif
    56285.gif
    37.4 KB · Views: 146
I too have the TiMax jacket and pants... however, once I got my leather pieces, I barely use the TiMax. Just don't feel as safe.

If you are looking for good mesh gear, I would check out Olympia. Definately better made and safer feeling then the Icon stuff.

If you are interested in the TiMax jacket check out NewEnough. They have the TiMax on closeout for $119.

yea mike, I saw your gear....wish I could find some of those timax pants....those looked really functional. Pkiser, thanks, I'll have to check out newenough.

macktruckturner said:
Only piece of icon gear I have is the MilSpec vest - which I have to wear.

No kidding? Same company?

I have some street gloves that I use and like. Ther sizes seem to run small.

Are you kidding my wife and I are walking ICON billboards!
we have:
matching TiMax Black jackets (with a ton of ADDED racing patches)Super cool great air flow! Black was a bad choice for color its HOT at a stop BUT very cool when moving!
I have the TiMax pants also in black(Love EM!) light armor nice fit good air flow comfortable into the low 60's no upper limit on temp
We also have Matching Black and white Tarmac jackets a little more protection than the TiMax with zip off sleeves, a little warmer than the TiMax for those cooler nights
We both wear the Icon Field Armor boots(I'm on set #2)
I wear their Merc gloves love em, a little heavy for a street glove more like a race glove but butter smooth with a ton of protection
My cooler weather to cold weather jacket is the Icon Daytona. Perforated leather and shoulder vents it moves air very well. It's rather heavy with the zip in liner its warm for ,,,well its warm as cold as I've wanted to ride.
We both have Icon Primer tank bags a slightly smaller than most, magnetic bag with great features,Inside and outside seperate pockets key holder document pocket.
Most Icon products have a 1 year warranty. I would say that overall the quality of the products we have bought has been great.
SRAD
Icon1.jpg

Icon2.jpg

Icon3.jpg

IconGloves.jpg

NikeShoesBomb.jpg

I have a tarmac jacket and I love it....but, I tore up the right lower zip off sleeve and cant get a replacement....so, i need a new jacket. I think a timax or the team merc (the one with the number on it....looks cool)

Anyone have a line on some timax pants? Or something very similar? I wear a 38 w/ 32 inseam.

Watch the net for pants I bought mine for $50 from another rider new! watch EBay and the rider forums they turn up from time to time
SRAD

I have their gloves, white lady-leather and they are holding up well. No quality issues there.

I don't know anything about their helmets; I did try on their bright pink helmet once but thought it was just too much. :rofl:

AHHH! Forgot about that one!hahahah I've got one of their Alliance helmets! Nice fit quite interior but the top vent whistles. Took me a while to figure it out!hahahah
SRAD

hmmm. I've been seriously thinking about some gear. I've always been a t shirt and jeans rider, but in my advancing age I'm starting to worry about breaking something and having it taking forever to heal.

One thing I'm worried about is sizing. I have no idea about ordering a jacket or pants like this.

I have very little doubt in my personal riding abilities but all the other drivers out there are what keeps me in gear. I'm most likely not going to do something stupid on the other hand,,, car drivers(and Billy Lane) are mosat likely going to do something stupid!
SRAD

Back