• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CTOR, Great place to ride and camp

Reaction score
When going to Crooked Creek didn't work out, JT and I headed to Central Texas Off Road near Salado.

Our 2nd time here and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

The parking/camping area
6222a78ee4b4defda8f189d7a4ea801b.jpg

Father and son enjoying Loop 3
582612cf4bdec87d70d9dabb52b63b55.jpg

JT on the way to the loops
3f169346c444a51edffa824c168e7822.jpg

Me coming down from the loops
49eca9ec3bd074be352ac07ae991db59.jpg

Close to the bottom
a20dd24fb3a51866446e0570351ea2d8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably been 10 years since I went there, you know how many miles of trail they have now?

Probably been 10 years since I went there, you know how many miles of trail they have now?

There are 4 marked loops, the longest is 9miles. I guess about 20 miles for the 4 loops. But, you can ride off the loops and there are lots of short side sections. Its easy to get turned around.

$20/ tent. :-(

There is one shower stall and bathroom, but bring your shower shoes...

There are 4 marked loops, the longest is 9miles. I guess about 20 miles for the 4 loops. But, you can ride off the loops and there are lots of short side sections. Its easy to get turned around.

Thanks!

Website says they are closed, what's the story?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, by a half an hour. Want to go riding up there?
Possibly but too far for a day ride so would need to make it a weekend stay. 450 miles roundtrip, the forest is only 130 miles roundtrip for me.

I had already Googled it that's why I questioned your distance as map fresh in my head. I'm still showing SHNF being 10 miles closer to La Grange than CTOR.

It is for anyone, day riders or campers.

CTOR's website, ridector.com, is down, the intercept says it's expired. I know that CTOR was open Sat, June 10. Call Benny, the owner, his phone number is (254) 217-3178.

Crooked Creek Cycle Park is closed. Their website is still working and it says they are closed.

Ropeburn, what website are you looking at?

My bad I was on the Crooked Creek site.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Other than my weekly beekeeping, my schedule is opening up until the end of July. The 4th will likely be crowded, but I'm open to any weekend after this one, maybe even during the week. I'd like to get together and ride again. I think that last time was Bastrop.

SB, what do you say?

m

Not many weekends until October or after. Only Jul-29 and Aug-12 are open.

JT, reading again your description of the trails wondering if it's big enough for two days of riding without just doing the same stuff over and over?

JT, reading again your description of the trails wondering if it's big enough for two days of riding without just doing the same stuff over and over?

Easy, no. Of course around here, few places are.

Last edited:

There are many side trails and play areas off the main loops. I think we could stay busy with the main loops and the extra stuff. Benny doesn't mind riding off the trails. I have only ridden the 4 main loops and I don't know how to find the other stuff. Do some youtube searches for CTOR, many of the regulars post vids of the alternate stuff. We need to get StrokedAndBored and/or Vinny or some of the other regulars out there with us.

The weekend of July 29 is the start of Sander's Cloudcroft ride. I have been thinking of doing that one. Aug 12 is possible, but it will be hot.

Thanks guys! My father-in-law lives in Salado. Now I can go ride while the rest of the family sits around and b**lsh1ts!

Back