• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Carb/throttle issues?

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m having carb issues. Besides being a cold morning, I can only give my 2006 Honda Shadow VT1100C about 1/4 turn of throttle before it bogs and dies. I’ve recently replaced the jets, and a bunch of other stuff in the carbs like the pistons and stuff, but still the same problems. Any thoughts or help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My advice is to find a Youtube video of someone tearing it down and putting it back together and follow it step by step. Did that with the carb off my Road Star and it worked fine afterwards.

Be a good idea to have some fine wire and compressed air to clean and blow out all the little orifices and jets while your at it. Make sure the float bowl needle valve is clean. They usually have a rubberized pointy tip that can have crusty deposits build up making it not work so good. Lots of info on the www read all you can BEFORE starting on your carb. If you find some good stuff that you can print out all the better.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Lol thanks for the luck. *New Update* the carb is leaking, from what I can tell is the float bowl on the left side of bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back