• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cedar Park here

Reaction score
Greetings. After 30 years away from riding, I bought a 1982 KZ550LTD project this summer. After just a few months of wrenching (surprised me!), I have FrankenBike on the road. It's mostly a stock set-up: stock carbs with stock jets, stock exhaust, etc. Still tweaking it, and except for the cold-morning starts, she runs like new. Gotta love it.

Attachments

• FrankenBikeNew.jpg
    FrankenBikeNew.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 93
Welcome back to motorcycles. That's a good looking steed. Ride careful and enjoy.

Man, that was a patient re-entry back to riding. What got you off the bike, and back on? I was off about 23 years, and decided to start back once my youngest child was out of high school.

Thanks. My first, and only other bike, was a 76 Honda CB200T which I bought brand new to tool around the Washington DC area where I was living and working at the time. I had it for about three years and sold it because I was moving and needed the cash. Then life happened with marriage and kids, and priorities changed. Several years ago I bought a 1974 VW Beetle and brought it back to life over the course of three years. When my son started driving, we decided that wasn't the right car for him, and sold it. Fast forward to this summer. My son was starting college, and my daughter starting high school, and I was itching for a new project. So I found the 82 KZ, and an 81 parts bike, loaded them on the back of my truck, and built one good runner out of two non-runners. I need to take inventory of the parts bike and see what I still have available. Can't decide to part it out, sell it as is, or try to rebuilt it.

76 Honda CB200T ... 1974 VW Beetle and brought it back to life over the course of three years.
Oh man, thats rich. I bought a 1970 Honda XL100. I wanted the CB200, but the HP was too high for my age.

Did you hang out with the Austin Aircoolers? I got a 74 Std Beetle, and my son a 73 Super. We did body off restores on both. I did hold my breath while he was tooling around in that car, since its not real crash worthy. I still have both bugs.

Back