• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Newb in Houston

Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Hello all. Recently picked up an '06 KLR after taking several years off from motorcycling. Grew up running around the farm on a Yamaha RT100. I'm in Houston just west of downtown.

Hope to meet some of you on up-coming DS rides.

Richard

DSCF1517.jpg

:welcome: also to the site. Now a question. (not sure if I should ask this since I don't have a DS bike but here goes) Why is there more dirt on your jeep than on your KLR? :ponder: :scratch:

Well, he did just get it ;-) Give the man some time :lol2:

Welcome, have a near identical 06KLR (no acerbis) that lives just west of Downtown also.

Come on out to the Monday night coffee. It is a little bit out of the way, but most folks there ride dual sport bikes.

Yes, yes, the KLR looks mighty clean there next to the Jeep, but I've had the jeep MUCH longer. (Tellico, Moab, Katemcy, Barnwell, etc.)...now to do them on the KLR! :rider:

I did the SH87 ride a few weekends ago, but washed it soon after to remove all the salt and sand gunk. Any day in the dirt sure beats a commute to the office!

Tourmeister - I read your ride report. Looks like my kind of trip!

Where's Monday night coffee?

Where's Monday night coffee?

It is on Airport and elderidge. It about a 20 mile ride from downtown. Real easy to find. Take 59 out of downtown, exit Airport Blvd (just past Beltway8
) follow Airport to the mini mall just past Elderidge.

I will heading there next Monday, PM me if you want to hook up and head out there together.

Minor correction Calgary - the name of the road is "West Airport Blvd". The name of the coffee joint is "Doubleshots"; here's their site:

http://www.doubleshotscoffee.com/

It's on the NW corner of West Airport/Eldrige at the west end of the strip-mall.

As a side, a DS bike should be covered in mud within the first 24 hours of ownership or it will be forever cursed. Check the time stamps:

149575346-M.jpg

149821861-M.jpg

Perhaps I'll join you guys for the next coffee meeting in early December. This Monday we'll be on our way up to Kansas to spend the holiday with my wife's fam.

What time do you meet?

Back