• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Semi-permanent SHNF thread

Guys, if you are riding in the SHNF and see a brown and black dog near the west side trailhead, please call me 281-414-3334 Larry. She will have a collar on with Mark Tracy's cell if you happen to find her and catch her, her name is GIRL. We are hoping one of the riders Saturday afternoon may have found her before they left the trailhead and took her home. Mark is in the hospital right now from a dirt bike accident on the String last Wednesday. Please call either of us if you see her.

Mark's dog, GIRL has been found and is back at my house.......
Oh, that's awesome news! Almost miraculous considering their propensity for exploring and not thinking about where they started from until 3 days later when they're hungry.

Wife and I constantly rescue and find their homes in our neighborhood and not always with luck. Never collared, chipped or looked for on the multitude of websites. Once found a dog in Tomball that hailed from Tanglewood (San Filipe@610). A friend of the owners in NYC saw the ad on FidoFinder and called us!

Hope Mark is ok. I used to night ride on weekdays and I'd be the only one out there. Almost had to crawl out one evening knowing it would be 3 or 4 days until the weekend crowd came along. Bought an e-start bike a month later.:mrgreen:

Oh, that's awesome news! Almost miraculous considering their propensity for exploring and not thinking about where they started from until 3 days later when they're hungry.

Wife and I constantly rescue and find their homes in our neighborhood and not always with luck. Never collared, chipped or looked for on the multitude of websites. Once found a dog in Tomball that hailed from Tanglewood (San Filipe@610). A friend of the owners in NYC saw the ad on FidoFinder and called us!

Hope Mark is ok. I used to night ride on weekdays and I'd be the only one out there. Almost had to crawl out one evening knowing it would be 3 or 4 days until the weekend crowd came along. Bought an e-start bike a month later.:mrgreen:

:clap: That shows a good heart Glider. Says a lot about you and your wife, all good!

Rode some of the west side Saturday, trails for the most part are in good condition after all the cleanup work the week before.

Rode some of the west side Saturday, trails for the most part are in good condition after all the cleanup work the week before.

nice And easy ride today 10am working some face slappers should be good if yall can come on out ..

We did a couple of hours work on the nasty section of woodpecker today, might not be perfect but it is a whole lot better to ride than it was before we got there. Bike really got muddy today too, but was a good day for riding never the less.

I'm working all this weekend but will have 6 days off after next friday . I hope to get some SHNF riding then. Cross my fingers for the weather.

Weather looks good for next weekend.
I'm heading to Houston to visit family on the 12th. Will stay there till the 13th and then head up to the forest.
Should be there by noon on Friday. I plan on riding Saturday morning also and then head back to Austin for Valentines day ( I hate made up holidays )

Been RIF'd on Friday. 2 gorgeous days gone by, time on my hands and I have a AWD bike in the garage begging to be ridden. Alas, I'm too smart to permanently destroy my back and get back on it. But days like these are oh so tempting.:giveup:

At least I got to watch some Supercross Saturday night.:rider:

Been RIF'd on Friday. 2 gorgeous days gone by, time on my hands and I have a AWD bike in the garage begging to be ridden. Alas, I'm too smart to permanently destroy my back and get back on it. But days like these are oh so tempting.:giveup:

At least I got to watch some Supercross Saturday night.:rider:

How does that Christini do in the forest trails ? I picture all kinds of fun.

Hey Bob I know you can't ride the forest any more, but hope you are starting and running some new gas through your bike on a regular basis. I let one of mine sit a bit too long, and now it's gonna cost me. :doh:

Hey Bob I know you can't ride the forest any more, but hope you are starting and running some new gas through your bike on a regular basis. I let one of mine sit a bit too long, and now it's gonna cost me. :doh:

Still running the old gas through it once a week. Keeps the carb gaskets from weeping and actually runs fine. Will probably get topped up with fresh in the coming weeks as I'm almost out.

How does that Christini do in the forest trails ? I picture all kinds of fun.

It does real well in the forest. With the front wheel powered, it rolls on top of the sand instead of being pushed down in it, it pulls through all that sand real easy and the front tire stays in the line you're steering on. In the mud, it pulls you right out instead of digging a deep hole in back. Pretty cool system. I wish I got to exploit it more where there are some hills. Used to love going to RRMT and Barnwell Mtn too.

FYI guys, 7 of us "OLD DUDES" are riding SHNF Saturday 2/14 at noon from the east side trailhead. Hopefully doing a 20 mile loop or so. Weather is looking pretty good for Valentines day ride.

Still way soggy in spots over on the east side. Lake loop was great. We rode 37 miles but passed on west half of zebra. Too wet. Should be some good stuff this weekend. Sadly,I'm out this week. Y'all have a great ride.

RG, Route I'm putting us on Saturday should be good, no rain this week so should just have a few puddles and packed sand. See ya soon.

FYI guys, 7 of us "SLOW OLD DUDES" are riding SHNF Saturday 2/14 at noon from the east side trailhead. Hopefully doing a 20 mile loop or so. Weather is looking pretty good for Valentines day ride.

Fixed it for you!

Hi Larry.
We are having a Fat Bike Demo Day at the east side trail head March 7th 10-3pm
If you or any Old Dudes on Dirt bike would like to come see what its all about, Please stop
by the trail head and have a look or maybe even a ride.
Chumba USA will have some bicycles for us to ride the trails.
This is normal for bicycle Manufactures to get their product more attention.
David Mackey
281-989-6330

The commitment with family has extended into Friday. I'll be showing up at the trail on Saturday. Might join you guys at noon. I'll be driving a white sprinter and a KTM.

Question for you regulars: why does the east side get more riding?
Last time I was there I liked the west side better. It seemed more remote and less used. Also a lot less whoops to try to connect ( they wear me out after a while) .
Is there more riding area on the east?
Is it because it's more challenging or less ?

Thanks.

Speaking only for myself, I mostly ride the east side because it is the closer of the two when I drive in from I-45. Plus I do kinda like riding the whoops...until they wear me down. :rider:

Not sure where you rode west at but to me it has endless whoops on the balloon loop, lol! I think the east is more technical and probably a little more challenging. jmo.

Back