• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The TENEREacity of STROM-A-THON APR 13-15 2018....ALL KINDS OF BIKES WELCOME

A special thanks to Mr2mch for pulling this all together for our benefit.

I had a great time, and it was nice to reconnect with old friends and acquaintances and make new ones.

A little windy on Saturday but otherwise great weather, especially compared to what was going on not too far away back in DFW.

It was nice leading and riding with great riders like (in no particular order) Multisurface Rider (both days), Liteitup, RZ500, SanteFeTrailer, Texas Oil Man, MrgreenGenes, Zephyr, KamLeeR and DFW Tom. Thanks for leading us down on Thursday Rod.

Highlights for me on food were Alamo Springs Café twice and the Ole 300 BBQ in Blanco.

A person can spend a couple of days riding in the Hill Country without even getting close to the Sisters.

& if you think the Hill Country stops around Llano or San Saba....NOT.... Ive been pesterin the Butler people about a Northern Hill Country map for quite some time now...
All the way up NWest of Ft Worth....more hills...plenty of skinny pavement...& gravel too

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

What a great trip. Visitin with old friends and making new ones while riding those great hill country roads:rider: It just doesn’t get much better:trust: Thanks mainly go to Rod ( The Human Road Atlas) shown dressed for the banquet in a single color shirt:giveup: Not sure I’ve ever seen Rod without tie dye before.

Attachments

• 819A8F1D-8D59-4197-B4A5-8D0318288776.jpg
    819A8F1D-8D59-4197-B4A5-8D0318288776.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 195
Contrary to popular myth.... I do have other shirts besides tye dye..... Hawaian florals for instance.....& ..of course.. the ever popular Strom A Thon commemorative editions....any others are generally old & used for workin on stuff...or Winter warmlys
This came in the mail while I was gone...
Not a tye dye..per se...printed
9baf82ee6d595610b26f08e88c518a55.jpg

Last edited:
A special thanks to Mr2mch for pulling this all together for our benefit.

I had a great time, and it was nice to reconnect with old friends and acquaintances and make new ones.

A little windy on Saturday but otherwise great weather, especially compared to what was going on not too far away back in DFW.

It was nice leading and riding with great riders like (in no particular order) Multisurface Rider (both days), Liteitup, RZ500, SanteFeTrailer, Texas Oil Man, MrgreenGenes, Zephyr, KamLeeR and DFW Tom. Thanks for leading us down on Thursday Rod.

Highlights for me on food were Alamo Springs Café twice and the Ole 300 BBQ in Blanco.

A person can spend a couple of days riding in the Hill Country without even getting close to the Sisters.

Thank you Steve for leading 2 great rides, I enjoyed riding with everyone.
Thank you Rod for all your hard work putting this together.

Big thanks to you all for welcome me this weekend, making me feel like I belong to this awesome group.
It was nice to meet a bunch of great new friends. (some a little more crazy than others)
ha!!!!

Wonderful day. Thanks to y'all for joining me. Thanks to everyone who had a hand in making this a wonderful gathering. Another great year rod. Glad to see familiar faces and meet new ones. Looking forward to next year.
uploadfromtaptalk1523924119020.jpguploadfromtaptalk1523924126288.jpguploadfromtaptalk1523924132629.jpguploadfromtaptalk1523924138514.jpguploadfromtaptalk1523924144959.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Okay, here are my pictures. Click on each one to be taken straight to Smugmug where you can view full sized and also download it.

And I'll start with the one you all want to see. And it is okay, it did the job.

IMG_2257-Edit-XL.jpg

A couple of different angles on the group:

IMG_2261-XL.jpg

IMG_2264-XL.jpg

My little group hit New Stonehenge in Easter island Ingram and ended up at Polly's Chapel east of Bandera as our furthest point out.

IMG_2193-XL.jpg

IMG_2202-XL.jpg

IMG_2205-HDR-XL.jpg

IMG_2208-XL.jpg

IMG_2210-XL.jpg

IMG_2212-XL.jpg

That's it. Had fun. Took my time. Visited a bunch.

Nice pics Rusty..... I knew there was sumthin I was forgettn.... FIXD... Thankya for being our official group photographer
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Does anyone who attended the rally remember seeing any of these folks??
Subcomm
Zooka & wife (Sup Ten forum)
way-man
phsablue

Best total count Ive come up with is 45 who came.... Out of the original high count of 52 jus before the rally...
Some having to cancel for various reasons... family...medical... or some nasty weather in their location Friday. I hope yall can make it next year.
Other folks jus kinda showed up.... I hope I have ya listed right.

Last edited:
Rod, had a great time. Thanks for putting on another excellent event. We rode a lot of great road and beautiful country. Too bad the wildflowers didn't cooperate this year, but that just gives you another reason to do it again next year. Hope everyone had a great time and a safe trip home. Another 700+ mile weekend for the bike ! ! !

If anyone hasn't been to The Bent Rim Grill on RR337, your missing some great burgers and other fantastic food. Great selection of cold brews there as well ! ! ! There was a live band playing some great classic rock to help you clear your mind as you ate ! ! !

A late note thanking Rod for the effort organizing this ride. This was my first time and certainly enjoyed.

A late note thanking Rod for the effort organizing this ride. This was my first time and certainly enjoyed.
Camillo....I coulda sworn you came to one of the first Strom A Thons in Llano....
But then again....its been a while
Anyway....glad ya made this one

I noticed new signs around several popular motorcycle and bicycle routes coming back from the Stromathon on Sunday around Fredricksburg.

...almost everyone on TWTEX knows about the infamous low water crossings found in Texas...

:trust:

RB

20180415_114107-M.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed new signs around several popular motorcycle and bicycle routes coming back from the Stromathon on Sunday around Fredricksburg.

...almost everyone on TWTEX knows about the infamous low water crossings found in Texas...

:trust:

RB

20180415_114107-M.jpg
But Loudon was mostly dry.... The 3 crossings out of ..oh 10-12 that did have water werent bad.....yet

I now have 4 rally shirts left if someone is interested....
3XLs in blue..lime & tangerine..
a 2XL in lime... $14 ea
long sleeve 3XL in blue SOLD
Thanx Donnie (Texas Oil Man)
Jus lemme kno...

Tried to post images and nothing shows. One day I will figure this out.

And it was FUN!

Tried to post images and nothing shows. One day I will figure this out.

And it was FUN!
Hey Thomas...sure glad ya'll joined in the fun last weekend.... Ya'll come back now...yahear

One of the less technoillogical folks on this forum should be able ta help with pics

Many thanks Rod for organizing this this event. We had a great time visiting and riding with friends old and new.

00B1E600-5BB2-4646-8E2B-ED420A5B3457.jpg

D3EDFA85-A244-4A4B-B32F-1569603137B5.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Dave... & thanx to you....for offerin up your skills to lead a group around
This year we had a buncha good ride leaders ...with very differing types of roads ridden. Kept the groups smaller & more managable for all

& if you think the Hill Country stops around Llano or San Saba....NOT.... Ive been pesterin the Butler people about a Northern Hill Country map for quite some time now...
All the way up NWest of Ft Worth....more hills...plenty of skinny pavement...& gravel too

Rod, I just moved to Waco and while in the process of moving was wondering if Butler made maps of the area. I'm definitely wanting to check out some of the stuff a little north of us but also anywhere around Waco and surrounding area's as well. Hope they listen to you and produce a list soon! :clap:

Back