• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

FS or Trade for vintage bike:2010 Honda VFR

Reaction score
TWT'rs

I am toying with the idea of selling my bike. I have really taken to my 1955 Chevy and going to car shows, so really thinking about selling, the bike is literally sitting in the garage gathering pollen. Has 2864 miles. I am thinking $6000. If interested, let me know. I have attached a couple of pictures. They were taken in Big Bend in September.

Also interested in possible trade for a vintage bike, see in post below.

Attachments

• bike 1.jpg
    bike 1.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 302
  • bike 2.jpg
    bike 2.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
Re: 2010 Honda VFR 1200F Red

I'll sweeten the pot. I have a ton of riding gear. Helmets, leathers, gloves, boots, mesh jackets, pants. It will all go with the bike. Shout at me if interested.

:tab I had two VFR 800s and loved them. I've never had a chance to throw a leg over one of these, which is probably a good thing. I REALLY liked that V4 motor, especially the sound with a good pipe on it!! I bet this thing pulls like a locomotive. Didn't some of these come with the DCT transmission, kind of like what they have on some Africa Twins now?

Yes, some did come with the DCT, this one however is not. It will pull like a beast. I was hooked on the test ride. It it an incredible bike. V4 with the aftermarket exhaust sounds really nice. The original factory exhaust really held the HP back. There is a lot more that can be done to wake it up even more, but as it sits its wicked fast.

Tangor, Great Question.

Obviously, being a heavier bike, its hard to compare apples to apples. Riding on the back roads, the VFR will make you smile, tons of power and an absolutely perfect riding position. On the track, the Tuono was far superior. I rode both at Cresson, the Tuono was so much fun, easy to turn and flip especially in the rattlesnake. The VFR was much more difficult to lean, although it could be done. Both have ABS and slipper clutch, the Tuono has all the electronics that I never used, seemed like I never got full utilization of all bells and whistles. Both have power that I have never touched, the VFR will pull forever, I am blown away with the power. Both are great bikes. Both get 120 miles per tank, disappointing for the VFR. In Big Bend both were fun, but at the end of the day, just liked the riding position and felt comfortable on the Honda.

Re: FS or Trade:2010 Honda VFR 1200F Red

Looking at options including a trade. Looking for a vintage bike that is ready to go. I want to stage an old bike in the back of my truck when we go to car shows. Also a bike that I can jump on and ride form time to time. Not opposed to any brand, I like all bikes. I have attached a picture of my truck.

I think the value of the VFR is $6000 based on what I am seeing.

Attachments

• 1955.jpg
    1955.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 301
Thanks. Been a lot of fun. How did those track suits work out? May have some more if interested.

They worked out great, wish i could add your VFR to the stable but after the property tax bill and this semesters tuition for our bearkat my toy fund is fairly depleted and I would not want to insult you with the offer

This would look great in that truck. It matches the paint ...

i-PNW7Q2v-X3.jpg

Back