• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi!

GQ*

Reaction score
How's it going. New to the site as well as to bikes. Just picked up my '08 Ninja 250 Friday and did a lil bit of riding over the weekend. I'm in Houston, so anyone in the area that can point in the right direction I'm all ears!:mrgreen:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Congrats on the new Ninja, great choice! :thumb:

Where are the pics? :-P

The ninja is great so far. I'm only about 80 miles in, but lovin it already! :rider:

Like I said I'm just starting out, so if you guys have any tips or just know of good rides/groups let me know.

How's it going. New to the site as well as to bikes. Just picked up my '08 Ninja 250 Friday and did a lil bit of riding over the weekend. I'm in Houston, so anyone in the area that can point in the right direction I'm all ears!:mrgreen:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Be sure to take an MSF course if you haven't already.

SBN doesn't allow hot linking to their images, so they are not showing up here. You can always just upload them as attachments here.

Welcome to the site. :rider:

Those 08 Ninja 250's look great, I wish they would do something like that to the Ninja 500's.

08_Ninja250R_Left.jpg

I took the MSF a year and a half ago, just been waiting to get a bike.

I'm in Clear Lake. So anyone in the area that rides (and doesn't mind a rookie on a 250 tagging along) let me know.

I'm waiting on my helmet in to arrive, then I plan on giving riding to work a try. Any tips?

Here she is:

Attachments

• PIC-0069.jpg
    PIC-0069.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 78
  • PIC-0071.jpg
    PIC-0071.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 81
Great looking bike.
I'm glad Kawi finally redesigned some of their older bikes (Connie, KLR, EX250, etc). Many models were waaaay long in the tooth.

Plenty of folks in the Clear Lake area that do plenty of riding. If you're taking a little excursion, post up a meet location in the local forum. Someone just might show up. There's the pie run to Ingleside next weekend. Surely a group from this area will be going. Keep an eye out for that.

Ride safe and enjoy this fine weather.

I'm in Clear Lake. So anyone in the area that rides (and doesn't mind a rookie on a 250 tagging along) let me know.

I'm waiting on my helmet in to arrive, then I plan on giving riding to work a try. Any tips?

Here she is:

Nice Bike, the black is awesome lookin. As for tips, keep your head on a swivel. Always check to make sure youve given yourself an out in traffic (ie an ex-scape route) and assume that the cagers are deliberately trying to hit you.

Here she is:

Perhaps a few weeks of riding without the need to be on time to work would provide needed experience in traffic before "the big day"? NOTHING replaces experience! Keep the dull side down and the shiny side up!:sun:
Wally[on 2 wheels over 50 years][but NOT a pro]:rider:
PS: I try to drive 5 vehicles when on my bike: the four around me and my bike

Last edited:
MMmmm.... I like the black!! Looks very sharp :thumb:

Thanks, I like it too. I was going to get the blue, but luckily about 5 minutes before I called to put a down payment to hold the bike :deal: a black one arrived at another dealer that I just happened to call. So I got black and :rider: off.

Back