• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Movin to San Antonio from Mississippi

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Moore
Hello everyone,
I have been lurking around here the past few months and since the move is now upon me, thought I would introduce myself.
Currently riding an '05 DL1000. Love to take the bike on camping trips. Been riding with a few KLR guys and hope to find some dual sport riders in the San Antonio area. Might be able to make the TAR in April. Anyway I'll be around gettin to know ya'll and will try not to ask too many newb questions. Here is a shot from a campin trip last fall to Arkansas. http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm39/stromwrecker/strominmiddle.jpg

Hope that works right.

Welcome to the site and to Texas!! :wave:

Welcome!

What part of Miss? The wife and I have ridden some surprisingly good roads there.

The jackson area... central along I 20. The natchez trace (parkway from nashville tn to natchez ms) passes really close to our home. Scenic but slow and straight. There are a lot of roads along the Mississippi River that can be exciting. You never know what you may find around the next curve however. Looking forward to the hill country. So much of my local riding is very flat. Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome.

There are a lot of roads along the Mississippi River that can be exciting.

I really enjoyed the area around Port Gibson, great roads, nice folks and sweet tea. :clap: I ESPECIALLY like Lorman and the Old Country Store. We're headed back to that area in April in the car. Taking the in-laws to a plantation my wife likes to stay at.

Currently riding an '05 DL1000. Love to take the bike on camping trips. Been riding with a few KLR guys and hope to find some dual sport riders in the San Antonio area. Might be able to make the TAR in April.

:welcome: You are moving to a good riding area. Lots of 'Strom and KLR riders on TWT.

:welcome: to the site. the :borg: will be along shortly.

:mrgreen: :borg:

If you haven't found them already, there are two good V-Strom forums:

Stromtroopers
VSRI

Resistance is futile.
assimilate.gif

Welcome to the site and to Texas. East Texas has some great roads, also, although some have said that the scenery of pine trees start to look the same after a while. Stroms are a great ride!

Sounds like you need to get yourself an off-the-beaten-path dual sport bike to keep up with some of the KLR aficionados on this site.

WElcometo the group and Texas. The San ANtonio is a great place to be.

The jackson area... central along I 20. The natchez trace (parkway from nashville tn to natchez ms) passes really close to our home. Scenic but slow and straight. There are a lot of roads along the Mississippi River that can be exciting. You never know what you may find around the next curve however. Looking forward to the hill country. So much of my local riding is very flat. Thanks to all of you for the warm welcome.

We just did a long drive thru your area to Georgia. LOVED the Natchez Trace. Yes..long & straight, but very scenic & EMPTY! I imagine the people are there by the thousands in the spring, yes?

Welcome to Texas! Let us know when you're settle so you can meet up for the "pie runs"!:rider: :eat:

10 95, I ride port gibson area once a month this time of year.

I'll be looking for a bike better suited for off the path next. May be next spring though.

Lookin forward to the pie runs and making new friends.

Already a member of the strom forums under the same name but have never been really active on either one.

Thanks for the replies and the welcome. We are in town this week and will be back for good some time in April.

Back