• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Introduction

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wagner
Hello y'all.

I just picked up a DL650K8 Wee-Strom and look forward to where ever it make take me in the future.

It has been 18 years since my last bike, and that ended up with footpeg through the knee after a nice ole lady turned in front of me. The first month or two I will just re-familiarize myself to riding, also take the MSF course.

See you on the trail soon.

:rider:

Attachments

• BW151613.jpg
    BW151613.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Just a little to soon for a run of that distance, but it does look tempting. That and my MSF course is the same weekend.

:welcome: to the site. the :borg: will be along shortly. Folks will want to know..... ABS model? You got the stealthy black one.....:trust:

I went non-ABS, I looked at it but didn't quite see the full benefit at the time. Maybe if it was a heavier bike I would have considered it more, but for now it is up to me to control my stopping. I like it my wifes hates it, no one can see you. So I am adding lots of reflector tape at her request, Done it a tasteful way.

Welcome to the board. Lots of Wee owners around here. check the upcoming rides, trips and events for meet&greets& rides up there. btw I have a couple of friends from Mansfield.

Hey hey :welcome: Tarrant County rider

Another Mansfield resident & Wee rider - Kidder, has a blue one.

Our Tarrant County group meets (usually) every Tuesday night at good eating spots around the county. Also, burgers and ice cream on Friday nights - just watch the DFW area in the upcoming events section. You don't have to ride there - just be interested in motorcycles and join us.

Tomorrow (Thursday) night, a bunch of TC riders are planning to crash the Johnson County Meet&Greet&Eat in Burleson (that's why the minimal Tuesday this week).

We can always use more DLs at these events. :mrgreen:

-------

If you haven't found them already, there are two good V-Strom forums:

Stromtroopers
VSRI

Resistance is futile.
assimilate.gif

Thanks for the links to the other forums, much appreciated.

I think I need a few things for the bike

Crash Bar - Givi or HB
Belly Pan
Sliders
Saddle Bags

Mom called me Crash and Burn when I was racing MX years ago, I hope with age and wisdom it won't be so much any more.

After I take the MSF course next weekend I will try to make it out to some of the events, week end events are much better as work keeps me long dreadful hours.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Flashing lights, reflectors, sirens and a monster horn won't make them see you. Just ask TxMedic... :doh:

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Flashing lights, reflectors, sirens and a monster horn won't make them see you. Just ask TxMedic... :doh:

As one who's waiting for his Wee to get back out of the shop after an accident .... No joke!

Congrats on the new Wee, drroccostein!

--Mike

I went non-ABS, I looked at it but didn't quite see the full benefit at the time. Maybe if it was a heavier bike I would have considered it more, but for now it is up to me to control my stopping. I like it my wifes hates it, no one can see you. So I am adding lots of reflector tape at her request, Done it a tasteful way.

personal opinion here; ABS is a plus no matter what. but that's a whole 'nuther topic.

As for reflective tape, it's good when others have their lights on you at night; but you might want to consider some bright driving lights mounted a ways from your headlight and as wide as you can get them without looking gaudy or out of place. That will give you a larger front profile for other drivers to see as you are coming toward them (day or night). I use some 20W halogens from JC Whitney that give great visibiliity without blinding other drivers due to being mounted very low on my bike.

OH! welcome to the site.

Attachments

• FR1646.jpg
    FR1646.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 81
  • Img21.jpg
    Img21.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 75
Thank for the tip on the lights, I was thinking about that to. I saw some brackets for the Strom and was like that is a great idea.

I realize for reflrective tape is no answer, but as part of the agreement with my wife to allow me to get the bike was tape and anything else that will help to get me seen.

I had 4 stipulations to the purchase

1) No riding on HWY 360
2) Full Gear at all times and reflective or other devices to be more visible
3) MSF (scheduled for next weekend)
4) If I plant she can creamate me and put me on the mantle and curse me till she dies

I figured I can live with that. :trust:

You have to forgive me, losing my mind here. Still want to welcome you to the site but my reply above in ref to the Pie Run was meant for another welcome. I went to look at the pie run info and when I came back here grabbed the wrong thread. Been one of those days!

I am seriously not that crazy.....

Welcome aboard! Just keep the dull side down, it's all good. I like the light suggestion. I would want some on the bandit if i can figger it out!
Wally(07 RED) Bandit:rider:

Back