• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Reaction score
First Name
Pablo
Last Name
Kates
Greetings all.
Just got my Motorcycle Endorsement. Looking for a bike. Leaning toward a KLR 650. My interest is in finding folks to ride with. I am retired and available most week days and week ends (except during bow season). Looking forward to making it happen.

Welcome. You'll find lots and lots of TWT members in your neck of the woods, including quite a few KLR guys. By the way, I like your screen name - a nice nod to one of my favorite bands.

Greetings from Brownwood, Texas... another wr250r rider happy to join your forum... hope to meet some new friends to share the pleasures of dual sporting with....

Welcome to the site to both of you new guys ;-) :wave:

:tab KLR's, like many dual sports, are usually tall in the seat. For a new rider or shorter rider, this could be intimidating. But, otherwise, the bike is very friendly and fun. They are not hard to lower if desired. Engine guards are a good investment if you get a bike that doesn't already have them installed. A left side drop can mess up the radiator without the guards. Hand guards are also a good idea to protect hands and levers.

:tab The KLR is easy to maintain and very reliable. I put about 17K miles on a 2002 model and had a blast. I have a 34" inseam, so seat height wasn't an issue unless I was on very uneven ground (which I often found myself riding... :doh:).

:tab Another great bike would be a Suzuki DRZ400 or DR650. They are rock solid reliable bikes and very popular dual sport platforms. If you poke around, there are several "What's the best dualsport bike?" threads that cover the pros and cons of many different bikes.

Welcome. I only ride on the dirt with my Mt. Bike. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back