• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New from The Woodlands

Reaction score
First Name
Keith
I've been riding ATVs, trail bikes and my favorite - Yamaha Rhino for a while. I just crossed the tracks onto the paved road. My newest toy is an '08 Honda Goldwing. I sure like riding it, but I'm the black sheep to everyone else I know who has a motorcycle. I'm only 35 and seem to be in a VERY small minority of people my age riding a Goldwing! Why is that anyway? :mrgreen:

Obviously I live in The Woodlands and will have to find a new breed of friends since I am solo riding at the moment. With 2 small kids at home, my wife is not joining me to go anywhere yet. In fact she's not real happy about this latest toy anyway.

Welcome neighbour. I am in similar situation as far as kids and no time to ride. My wife is suportive though.

I am 38 and ride a crotch rocket. Just ride what you like.

I've been riding ATVs, trail bikes and my favorite - Yamaha Rhino for a while. I just crossed the tracks onto the paved road. My newest toy is an '08 Honda Goldwing. I sure like riding it, but I'm the black sheep to everyone else I know who has a motorcycle. I'm only 35 and seem to be in a VERY small minority of people my age riding a Goldwing! Why is that anyway? :mrgreen:

Obviously I live in The Woodlands and will have to find a new breed of friends since I am solo riding at the moment. With 2 small kids at home, my wife is not joining me to go anywhere yet. In fact she's not real happy about this latest toy anyway.

I was recently advised (by someone younger than I) that even admitting to liking a Wing officially qualifies you as "old." I have no idea what buying one at your age must have done to your street cred. :haha:

FWIW, I really DO like the newer Wings and would really like to have one. We're too far apart to do much riding together, but I'd be happy to be seen on the highway with you and your Wing anytime. :wave:

Welcome to the site!

welcome. Keep a check on the boards for bike nites and Houston area rides to meet some folks face to face. We have riders of all types of bikes here. Look at the Marshall pie run and you'll see everything from scooters, to cruisers, touring bikes,and sports bikes. :)

:welcome:
There are a lot of folks in your area...so there should be no shortage of buddy rides when you're "allowed" to do so! C'mon up to Montgomery on Thursday night & meet some of us at Phil's. "Cage" it on up & bring your wife & kids if you can't get out on the bike...lots of us do!:rider:

I'm only 35 and seem to be in a VERY small minority of people my age riding a Goldwing! Why is that anyway? :mrgreen:

:welcome:

There are at least two other threads talking about GWs and the age syndrome - the one common concensus is - do NOT test ride one unless you are prepared to buy it, regarless of age...

I have resisted (other than sitting on one at the MC show) but see one in the future...

I have a Harley friend who calls all the big touring bikes “Geezer Glides”. I like the term but I agree with Raul... ride what you like! Come join us sometime for the Huntsville bike night. We meet at McKenzies BBQ at 7:00 pm most Thursday nights. :welcome:

Greetings from Super South Texas :wave:

Welcome to the site you will find all kinds of rides here.

Back in 99' I bought a new wing and rode it for about 2 years. I enjoyed it but found it to be too big for me unless touring.

Back