• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New guy from Granbury

OldTLSDoug

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Doug and I am addicted to scooters. I have been riding since about 1971 and have no end in sight. I mostly like track riding and twisty roads. Not a big tourer, but I get a long ride in from time to time.

Here I am on the gixxer at the track

_MG_4851.jpg

I also just picked up a 2003 Tuono to play with

P4231079.jpg

Riding is what I do, I also fix a lot of stuff, garage is getting full

P2230980.JPG

I worked on this 1968 BMW R50 the other day for a buddy, Lots of fun, I could start it with my hand after I worked over those Bing carbs, Sweet toy. Even old fat guys love old bikes.

P3241058.jpg

Welcome! I'm just down the road in Burleson. Looks like you have a nice little set up in your garage there. Careful with those pics or you'll have a driveway full of bikes waiting for service. :lol2:

How bout a quick impression of the Tuono? I am really taken by it, except for the bikini fairing - that thing is just ugly. Other than that, I think it might be a contender for my next naked hooligan bike.

Doug already has a TWT t-shirt somewhere!

How goes it??? (It's Russ).

Doug is one heck of a guy and very knowledgeable on the workings of motorcycles. My busa and my old tiller have been massaged by him on several occassions. Plus, he's pretty quick around a track for a guy with um,...err...additional gravity pull!

Russ!!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo! When will you be in town sir?

Tuono riding impression. The bike is noticeably heavier than the Gixxer. That said it has excellent turn in, hold a line like it is on rails and has lots of power everywhere. I am down one tooth in the front, and I have the pipe and chip. The mileage isn't spectacular, around 34 mpg, but I have "issues" with restraint while riding. Best thing I can say about the bike is that you will always smile when you ride it. For droning down the highway, this is not your bike, the seat gets to you in the 75 to 100 mile range and of course, you need to stop for gas around 110 to 140 miles depending on your throttle control.

If you are interested, Granbury Motorsports has one, a 2004 black one, excellent shape under 6000 miles, offer them $6500.00. Tell them Doug sent you, talk to Mitch or Nick.

Here is busarider1 in the Doug area.....................................

P6253897.jpg

P4283351.jpg

Just a note, he even let my daughter ride the busa. Russ is a good guy. The shirt has a "ding" in it and I wear it whenever it is available. Plus he is "over there" defending our freedom. Thanks Russ.

Welcome to the site. You've got some sweet rides. Check back a couple of days, but I think Doug bought a BMW to be picked up when he gets back in-country.

I can't believe you no longer have the TL. It's been a while since I quit going to TLPlanet though, I guess.

Russ!!!!!!!!!!! Woo Hoo! When will you be in town sir?

Tuono riding impression. The bike is noticeably heavier than the Gixxer. That said it has excellent turn in, hold a line like it is on rails and has lots of power everywhere. I am down one tooth in the front, and I have the pipe and chip. The mileage isn't spectacular, around 34 mpg, but I have "issues" with restraint while riding. Best thing I can say about the bike is that you will always smile when you ride it. For droning down the highway, this is not your bike, the seat gets to you in the 75 to 100 mile range and of course, you need to stop for gas around 110 to 140 miles depending on your throttle control.

If you are interested, Granbury Motorsports has one, a 2004 black one, excellent shape under 6000 miles, offer them $6500.00. Tell them Doug sent you, talk to Mitch or Nick.

Here is busarider1 in the Doug area.....................................

P6253897.jpg

P4283351.jpg

Just a note, he even let my daughter ride the busa. Russ is a good guy. The shirt has a "ding" in it and I wear it whenever it is available. Plus he is "over there" defending our freedom. Thanks Russ.

I'll be stateside in about 41 days! Can't wait to get back. I'll be sure to stop by Granbury for a coffee and to check out that Touno of yours.

I already have a deposit on a new bike. Getting me a BMW! :eek2:

Woo Hoo! Maybe I will loan you the Tuono and we can hit the track! Bring leathers.

Give a shout some time...I live in Waters Edge behind Walmart.

'06 650R Ninja and 500 Enfield that's gonna get the new sidecar aligned tomorrow if I have time.

Jack :giveup:

:welcome:

Hey Dougie! What happened to the KTM?

Sorry I'm just catching this thread, but I've been out on a ride-about. :rider:

shuttleman, I live up by Niesters. We did a ride yesterday, I guess I need to post them up here as well.

pacman, the offer was for busarider1, but I may work out getting you on the track.

Bill, small world. Anyway, the KTM is at Granbury Motorsports, I traded it on a DR-Z70!

P4201078.jpg

I have a GSXR750, two little bikes and the Tuono now, not much garage space left, hopefully I can build a shop soon.

P3121035.jpg

I'm going to be taking a wack at aligning a sidecar this Sat .... my first try.

I'm going to be taking a wack at aligning a sidecar this Sat .... my first try.

That sounds like fun, when and where? I might could take a shot at it Saturday, I am going to try to go to the track tomorrow. 5/9:rider:

Back