• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rain Gear

I did a review on the Motorrad rain suit on my blog. Check it out by clicking on link under my signature. ...btw, I have a friend that uses the Harley rain gear (two piece) and he's never gotten soaked whenever we're in a downpour.

So how do you keep your hands dry?

One problem with mesh gear that has an internal liner is that it puts the rain INSIDE the gauntlet style gloves at the wrist. Then the water is just wicked right into the rest of the glove. No good.

At one time, I had a Tourmaster rain suit that went over regular gear. It had pretty good elastic at the wrists to hold the sleeves closed. They would slip over the gauntlet and worked pretty well at keeping water from blowing back up into the sleeve.

Yeah Scott, that's one of my pet peeves too. Wearing the gauntlets outside the jacket cuffs allows the rain to run right in. Getting the rain liner or rain suit over the gauntlets with gloved fingers is a real pain. Add heated glove connectors and the process becomes even more tedious. I would usually wind up changing from gauntlets-out to gauntlets-in after the rain started pouring. I have also used a Tourmaster rain suit to compensate for leaky jacket liners but it doesn't breathe well and takes up precious side case space. I finally decided to solve the problem by throwing money at it. The ReV'it! Defender GTX jacket has foot-long cuff zippers that let you easily peel away the exterior cuff, route the lifetime guaranteed Gore-Tex liner over the gauntlets and then zip closed all in a matter of seconds.
revit-defender-gtx-jacket-sleeve-vent.jpg

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71658

So far I love it. I'll report again after my upcoming trip.

Last edited:
Back