• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Cruiserworks Boots

Reaction score
Hey all,

Haven't been here in awhile but still rockin' my 05 v-strom with over 72k on it now and still going reasonably strong. :)

Made a Cruiserworks review video of their boots while camping out at Krause Springs last week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX5BFZ81_sE

It's amazing to me that it's possible to create this sort of content remotely from the road. I made this one with a compact camera and an iPad. :)

Are they back in production? They had declared bankruptcy and were bought out a year ago. Their site always promised a restart of production, but I had written them off.

Edit: Looks like they are back with two models and a HEFTY price increase. :eek2:

Last edited:
Are they back in production? They had declared bankruptcy and were bought out a year ago. Their site always promised a restart of production, but I had written them off.

Edit: Looks like they are back with two models and a HEFTY price increase. :eek2:

Yeah, they were bought out and retooled with even better materials and brought the manufacturing back to the U.S. which I think increased the pricing by about $60 I think. The leather is a significant improvement too. They were really comfy when I wore them for a couple months about a year and half ago, and the new ones they sent me for the review, are noticeably better quality.

Here's another review motorcycle.com did recently: http://www.motorcycle.com/products/cruiserworks-classic-boot-review-91145.html

I agree they're pricey, but they seem to be worth it. I used to just buy whatever was on clearance, but when it comes to my feet, I've learned footwear can actually make or break a trip.

I had some cheapies a few years ago that were made in Guatemala that were awesome too, but I could never find them again.

The boots work well on my feet and they do in fact keep them dry without sweating. My feets dig'm and that's all I can really say. :)

They're supposed to have a new lace-up coming out soon as well.

Last edited:
I learned about quality footwear from work. I the end, the $200 Danners were a better value than the $75 Magnums. I'm not afraid of the cost, and I can support an increase in price for better quality goods. Ultimately they aren't too far away price wise from low end motorcycle boots anymore. I haven't bought any in years and they all seem to have gone up by 30% or more in that time frame.

I've been using the slip on boot covers for traveling in heavy rain. The heel of the boot is exposed to maintain good traction. For about $35 they are hard to beat. Mine are Tour Master but there are several that make them.

Regarding armor...They do have..Kevlar is used and a military grade footbed. They don't use hard armor as that restricts movement and adds weight.

I'm not expert by any stretch, but the comfort and the fact they keep my feet dry and in comfort no matter how much I hike... and that they seem to have given me awesome support when I needed it, sold me on them.

Sidi Anventure is up to $650 at MotoLiberty. :eek2: Is the dollar in that bad of shape? Last time I looked they were under $400.

The Sidi Canyon is still fairly reasonable at $350.

Whoa, hold the phone, chief. There are now two different Sidi Adventure models. The Adventure Gore-Tex with all natural leather and brand name Gore-Tex was added this year and is the pricier option. Or there is the Adventure Rain which uses ultra premium synthetic with the "Rain" waterproofing system (Tepor is the brand name for the waterproofing membrane, still, I think?). That one is still priced at $375 like it was when it was introduced. Or if you don't need the dual-sport type support/rigidity of the Adventure, the Sidi On Road is still one of the best in its category.

I've looked at the Cruiserworks boots on several occassions and am impressed with the recent quality. Haven't quite wrapped my mind about the features versus price battle that every consumer would have to answer for themselves, but they are nicely done none the less.

(nobody asked for my opinion on the matter, but I'll throw in my suggestion anyway. For one of the best quality vs price vs features vs comfort boots going, I strongly recommend checking out the Alpinestars Web Gore-Tex. Not the latest or fanciest or most adjustable or most highly marketed, but a dang solid option that I've seen work extremely well for, and receive excellent recommendations from dozens and dozens of customers and personal friends of mine over the past few years)

Great. Now I have shop for new boots. Not that that is not a bad thing when it comes to good boots.

I won't deny there are cheaper alternatives that will do the trick too. I've been lucky enough to find them off and on but I've found some real dogs in the process. If these boots didn't impress me from personal experience, I wouldn't have made that video.

Cruiserworks is supposed to be launching a new lace-up but I don't know when. Those are a bit more my style. Since they're easier to get in and out of. The pair I'm wearing now look less aggressive while protecting my feet comfortably, but I'm looking forward to seeing how the new ones look.

For slip-ons, I've been happy with Dock Martin Industrials although I usually wear a lace up or all terrain boot for better ankle support off-road.

I bought a pair of those about 7 years ago when I was at a GoldWing WingDing, and I love them, even though I dont wear them at the moment......Ill eventually get another Wing!

Whoa, hold the phone, chief. There are now two different Sidi Adventure models. The Adventure Gore-Tex with all natural leather and brand name Gore-Tex was added this year and is the pricier option. Or there is the Adventure Rain which uses ultra premium synthetic with the "Rain" waterproofing system (Tepor is the brand name for the waterproofing membrane, still, I think?). That one is still priced at $375 like it was when it was introduced. Or if you don't need the dual-sport type support/rigidity of the Adventure, the Sidi On Road is still one of the best in its category.

Whew! Thanks for clearing that up. I figured I was missing something.

Back