• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

MOAB - NADS riding for the week

Just outa gas...

The other pics are how you get to the carb to change the Jets on a Beta ... no room to spin it in the boots... yikes...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Behind the Rocks, Pritchett Canyon, Kane Creek ... DUN!!!

11e8488ba21f9b88499284430d7382cb.jpg
14b5e79480138bc08c126dcedf144526.jpg

What about Lockhart Basin Road? Or White Rim Road? Both are awesome rides!

One of my favourite rides in Moab. Did you guys go up or down Pritchett? Meeting a crew from Alberta in Moab in two weeks.
We started at behind the rocks and went down Pritchett, then rode over to kane creek and looped back to the start at behind the rocks.

We turned around in a few spots and went up some of the obstacles as well as down... Good stuff... hard work.

If you head out past Chicken Corners on Lockhart, you eventually get to where the road goes away from the river. Just beyond there it gets REALLY squiggly on the map. Good times at that point, with some challenging ledges, rocks, and sand. We rode up from Monticello toward Moab on Lockhart, then back down 190 to Monticello. It took the better part of a day. The gas range for some of your bikes could be an issue though.

If you head out past Chicken Corners on Lockhart, you eventually get to where the road goes away from the river. Just beyond there it gets REALLY squiggly on the map. Good times at that point, with some challenging ledges, rocks, and sand. We rode up from Monticello toward Moab on Lockhart, then back down 190 to Monticello. It took the better part of a day. The gas range for some of your bikes could be an issue though.
Yes, we looked at doing that route... most also aren't plated so a bit dicey on the road.

The consensus seems to be that we're gonna go for broke and try 5 miles of h@ll. But we'll see how we're feeling tomorrow morning [emoji12]

Ohhh... good point about the plating.

Do you have to be plated for the dirt roads in that area? I didn't even think about it when we went since we were all plated.

The consensus seems to be that we're gonna go for broke and try 5 miles of h@ll. But we'll see how we're feeling tomorrow morning [emoji12]
Don't worry about 5MOH, it's only 8 miles. Actually it's not all that hard, there are really only a couple difficult technical spots. The biggest thing with 5MOH is how much energy it takes out of you in a very short distance.

Now if you want to make it a really silly day start way down south of Temple Mountain Rd (at Goblin Valley Rd). From there work your way up to the south end of the VJ Trail, then take the Orange Trail to the Red Trail, through 5MOH and then follow back to your trucks.

I don't know if you guys have been to Moab before, but don't miss the Sovereign area trails.

We cancelled the rest day today around 11am... we went and rode Sovereign trails... awesome single track!!!

fc0da66967fc1500667adab9b619a6c5.jpg

You'll be sorry if you take a rest day. I'm sitting at work wishing I would of been up earlier and riden later .
Maybe do half days or something.

Work kind of sucks . Moab rocks !

You'll be sorry if you take a rest day. I'm sitting at work wishing I would of been up earlier and riden later .
Maybe do half days or something.

Work kind of sucks . Moab rocks !
We arent... 5 miles is tomorrow [emoji15]

Where's the rest of the story ? Videos ?
Don't be so inconsiderate:doh:

Awesome posts, guys!
5 MOH is right up there as one of the top bucket list.
I have yet to do it, but next yr, our group's going on spring break '18.
5MOH will be on my list.

And this time around, I'll do Pritchett going down.
Took us a full day riding Pritchett going up.
It was ugly getting up over that last vertical wall.

Pritchett on the way up is definitely technical. For those that haven't been there, here's a video from one of our trip a couple years ago where my buddy had a bad day going up Pritchett. This is what Pritchett can do to an A racer with pretty good technical skills.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRxTnsT1fyE"]Hendrix13 update - YouTube[/ame]

At the risk of being a thread hijacker, a couple trip summary vids of Moab trips for those who want an idea of the area around Moab.
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfsWAUg0hpw&t=32s"]Moab 15 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHFU3pwwbto"]Moab 13 - YouTube[/ame]

Great videos . Nice editing. I recognize Porqupine trail from my MTB days.

What trail is the one on the Moab '13 video at the 2:00 mark ?

We have to go back to cover some of the other trails.

Last edited:
Awesome videos, scott417!

That 1st one going up pritchett definitely brought back memories for me....bad memories!

I'm going to start working out w/ a vengeance from now until our trip.

Back