• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from I-10W

OLD SCHOOL FZ

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Stone
Hello Everyone,
I was directed to this site from a co-worker "RAIN MAKER" and am glad I ck'd it out. I have been riding for almost 20 years and currently run a
1984 RZ 350 (Kenny Roberts Edition) and a 1987 FZ 700 (Red/White).
I mostly ride to and from work but am looking fwd to getting with yall for
a couple riding events. I do attend the races in Sealy about 1 or 2 weekends a month to participate in the bracket races. I look fwd to meeting yall.
See ya,
Ben

I'm ridin' through Wallis all the time. I'm down the coast, but any time I'm going to west or NW Houston or Katy or TWS, I'm ridin' through Wallis. I can tell ya from doing it so much, it's 1 hour from FM60 at 59 at Hungerford to my house. :mrgreen:

Texas Sportbike Asso. rides (or used to) out of the Jack in the Box at Brookshire about every Sunday. I used to ride some with 'em some time back, but they're a little nutty with the speeds on public roads, so I went back to soloing. Takes me about an hour 45 minutes to get up there, anyway. Makes for a long day of riding. They do the Fayetteville thing.

My riding is mostly commuting, too, now. I get the performance thing out of my system on the race tracks. RZs are lovely motorcycles. Got a bad concussion when I high sided one, once. :lol2: I raced that bike twice before givin' it up and quitting for a while. Had lots of RDs and TZ250s back in the day. I know Yamaha two strokes, blind folded, one hand died behind my back. :lol:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Yea, there is nothing like hitting the power band on the 2 stroke RZ. If you ride thru Wallis, then you know about the speeding issue they have here. OH Thats right, they dont have an issue about stopping you for speeding. Wallis Texas city motto.." If the sighn says 35mph, you better be doin' 34":deal:
Take care
Ben

:welcome: to the site Ben,

I'm Erik's "Rainmaker" better half. Hope to get a chance to meet you. I'm usually up in the area. Maybe we'll get to ride together soon.

Glad you found the site Ben it's a great group with the exception of a few trouble makers:box: . If they ever give me a day off we will have to hit the road.

Rainmaker said:
Glad you found the site Ben it's a great group with the exception of a few trouble makers:box: . If they ever give me a day off we will have to hit the road.

Who you callin' a troublemaker?

I'll meet you at the 747 MM and we'll settle this right now..........:hack:

Erik,Debbie
A ride sound good, just have to get that day off work.
Yall doin' anything for the holiday at the end of the month?
Ben

OLD SCHOOL FZ said:
Hello Everyone,
I was directed to this site from a co-worker "RAIN MAKER"
:welcome: Ben

I guess it's "guilt by association" with a reference from Erik... :roll:
And he is calling folks "troublemakers" - ain't that the pot calling the kettle black? :-P

Back