• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dakar / Lyndon Poskitt

Reaction score
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8bvgUUVmeA"]Races to Places - Dakar Rally 2018 - Episode 4 - ft. Lyndon Poskitt - YouTube[/ame]

There was a previous post about this guy's Races to Places and his Dakar coverage - but I really enjoy his videos so I thought I'd mention it again.

His Youtube channel is Lyndon Poskitt Racing.

So far, for the 2018 Dakar, he has posted bike-prep video (strip and re-build), a lot of the a paper-work and logistics prep, and set-up for the first day - puts me in a good mood when I see how much he is enjoying it.

When I grow up I wanna be just like him. Unfortunately, darn it, I'm way older than he is and don't have 10% of the skill or knowledge ... but it keeps me dreaming!

There plan is to do daily updates - so first day race will be posted tonight (24 hour lag).

I’ve waited all year for this. Go Lyndon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, until my data allowance runs out, :headbang: i enjoy his vids muchly.

Im in the same boat. Have 5 gb month but always go well over with normal business stuff. (Att wifi hotspot device) Dont watch motion videos. What i do do is take my laptop to free wifi places and record the utube vids then watch at home. This is how i have managed to watch all the races to places episodes.

Dakar daily updates on nbcsn on cable

Totally worth the watch.

[ame="https://youtu.be/JjF_m99VAv8"]Malle Moto - The Forgotten Dakar Story - YouTube[/ame]

Just to bump this is up, there's a fair bit of drama in Lyndon's world. He's racing the Erzburg Rodeo this weekend (the granddaddy of hard enduros) on an Alta Motors Redline electric bike. On his way to the chunnel, his van got robbed, and both bikes, as well as all camera gear, tools, etc were stolen. He's still planning on competing, and is on his way to Austria via Germany, collecting replacements along the way. Stay tuned :)

Yup, **** young hooligans cleared out Lyndon's van during his lunch stop, I believe. Crime rate (bike theft) is supposed to be astronomical in England. Hopefully he will still race because I was very interested to see how he would do, and how about electric bike would do.

Back