• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

my morning whataburger drink challenge, solved

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
for a while i have been stopping at whataburger on the way to work and usually i have been putting the soda (yeah yeah i know not coffee) in my pann and hoping it stays put. but this morning i had a little idea that seemed to work well. just grabbed a drink carrier and hey wudyaknow?! it works great! now i can sit at my desk befor a few minutes for work and have a delicious jalapeño biscuit with double sausage and egg and cheese and chase it down with my diet dr pepper. what? don't judge!
JNLaGdPl.jpg

Good idea. My luck my top case would be full of soda when I got to work. You know you can get a What-a-burger for breakfast also.

Do you ever do any of the meet and greets or pie runs? Don't believe I have ever meet you. KP

i have had my pann filled with soda on more than one occasion. it sucks. and yes of course a burger any time! but i am currently in love with the new biscuit. 8) yum

i have had my pann filled with soda on more than one occasion. it sucks. and yes of course a burger any time! but i am currently in love with the new biscuit. 8) yum

Bob do you ever go on any of the ride to eat events?

for a while i have been stopping at whataburger on the way to work and usually i have been putting the soda (yeah yeah i know not coffee) in my pann and hoping it stays put. but this morning i had a little idea that seemed to work well. just grabbed a drink carrier and hey wudyaknow?! it works great! now i can sit at my desk befor a few minutes for work and have a delicious jalapeño biscuit with double sausage and egg and cheese and chase it down with my diet dr pepper. what? don't judge!
JNLaGdPl.jpg

I'm curious - it looks like you're keeping the case open in that pic, with food/drink in both the top and bottom compartment. Do you keep it open while you're riding, or is this pic just for showing that you use the drink carrier and it's size in the case?

Otherwise, if you do keep it open while you ride, how does it not fall over when you're making turns or hitting bumps in the road and whatnot? When I had a drink in a carrier like that in my car, I made a right turn and it tipped right on over - sprite all over the cloth floor. Maybe it was the orientation of the carrier, maybe I didn't have it tight enough in the carrier, maybe I turned too fast to keep it upright, I'm not sure.

I don't know, I'm just really curious about how you keep it in there :P

no no. took the pic after i got to the parking structure at work. i just had the case open and put my bag on he open lid. its closed always while riding. 8) as for it not tipping over. it weighed enough to stay upright. i thought about maybe glueing the carrier down inside the top case but that might be too much effort. truth is, my helmet doesn't fit inside it any more so i just use it for carrying small stuff.

I'm curious - it looks like you're keeping the case open in that pic, with food/drink in both the top and bottom compartment. Do you keep it open while you're riding, or is this pic just for showing that you use the drink carrier and it's size in the case?

Otherwise, if you do keep it open while you ride, how does it not fall over when you're making turns or hitting bumps in the road and whatnot? When I had a drink in a carrier like that in my car, I made a right turn and it tipped right on over - sprite all over the cloth floor. Maybe it was the orientation of the carrier, maybe I didn't have it tight enough in the carrier, maybe I turned too fast to keep it upright, I'm not sure.

I don't know, I'm just really curious about how you keep it in there :P

i have yet to go any rides. i have so much going against me time wise that i just haven't been able to. between working sunday to wednesday, and then i have the kids thursday and friday, and saturday being the only day with my family as a whole i am hesitant to do anything like that. i would love to go on some rides but i find they typically happen on sundays and i have worked every sunday for the last 8 years. i am so lame.

Bob do you ever go on any of the ride to eat events?

no no. took the pic after i got to the parking structure at work. i just had the case open and put my bag on he open lid. its closed always while riding. 8) as for it not tipping over. it weighed enough to stay upright. i thought about maybe glueing the carrier down inside the top case but that might be too much effort. truth is, my helmet doesn't fit inside it any more so i just use it for carrying small stuff.

I don't think you'd want to glue it down in the top case - it would make for a pretty messy removal if need be :P If you want a more permanent solution, I would suggest velcro - Walmart sells velcro strips that come with (surprisingly strong) adhesive backing. It's also pretty cheap - IIRC, about $2 for a 6 foot roll. That is, if you want to make a permanent drink holding solution for your case.

I always used a big towel wrapped around the shake I took home from burger box.

i have yet to go any rides. i have so much going against me time wise that i just haven't been able to. between working sunday to wednesday, and then i have the kids thursday and friday, and saturday being the only day with my family as a whole i am hesitant to do anything like that. i would love to go on some rides but i find they typically happen on sundays and i have worked every sunday for the last 8 years. i am so lame.

I know the feeling I have six day work weeks mostly. Try to get away every now and then. Saturday evening and Sunday are my main time to ride. MAn that stinks that you work Sundays.

Whataburger info: When you guys turn into Geezers ( age 55 ), WB will give you a free senior coffee or soft drink with any purchase. The sizes are small, but you can refill as many times as you are able to walk to the counter! ;-)

I always used a big towel wrapped around the shake I took home from burger box.

This is pretty much what I've always done when I run and get a fountain soda from McD's at lunch on my bike. I ask for a plastic bag that they put large orders in, wrap the drink up in that and then wedge it upright in the center of my backpack and ride back to work! Minimal spillage, if any! :lol2:

... i thought about maybe glueing the carrier down inside the top case but that might be too much effort.

Maybe consider attaching something like this inside the case. Those recycled paper drink carriers will eventually dissolve when they get wet. Attaching with Velcro or 3M Dual-lock would make it removable if it was in the way.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bell-CO51-Octopus-Cup-Holder/dp/B000FW2MC2/ref=sr_1_11/178-5153792-7900434?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1398189821&sr=1-11&keywords=adjustable+cup+holders"]Amazon.com: Bell CO51 Octopus Cup Holder: Automotive[/ame]

414ZICMq4jL._SY355_.jpg

Skip the drink. Stop for the biscuit. Just drink the office swill coffee or if that is not your thing I guess you can buy a 6 pack of bottles. Resalable so you can just get a cup of ice from the ice machine and pour a little at a time. I used to do that a lot when I commuted on the bike. Throw a bottle of Dr Pepper 10 or Power aid zero from the pantry in the tank bag on the way out. Then stop along the way and pick up a biscuit or something.

My work was nice enough to keep a fridge stocked with cans. When we first got the fridge I would keep a roll of quarters in the desk. I was surprised at how long it took me to burn through them.

Back